you know you drive a YJ when..... - Page 497 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > you know you drive a YJ when.....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 09-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #7441
Newk76
1991 YJ Wrangler 

when you haven't driven it in months because it's in peices in the garage, yet you're giddy about buying new stuff for it in anticipation of it being back on the road!

Newk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #7442
A-Barr

Quote:
Originally Posted by baritone_mike
When it takes you longer to fill your 15 gallon tank than it does to fill the full size chevy next to you at the gas station, because the pump turns off every 5 seconds.
Haha yes
A-Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #7443
Endimar

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newk76
when you haven't driven it in months because it's in peices in the garage, yet you're giddy about buying new stuff for it in anticipation of it being back on the road!
Yes!!!! I know!!! It's coming apart as we speak. And then it's tine for a bunch of new mods!!
Unread 09-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #7444
PotentialYJNewb
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Well this could just be my stupidity, however..

Drove it to work today and while I was pulling into the parking lot I passed someone I work with and just go on my way.

Later on in the day he comes up to me and says "dude I think your truck is leaking gas, I smelled something." I'm like oh yeah I have an exhaust leak....

so I'm driving home and I'm almost home and someone beeps at me and says dude your leaking gas you don't have a gas cap...

I get home and look and lookie what we have here, my gas cap has vanished.

I don't know how the hell that happened. Might have left it at the 7-11 near my house getting gas this morning.
PotentialYJNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 04:03 PM   #7445
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

when you almost rolled it on the hwy doing 60mph cause the side mirrors keep flopping down on the hwy instead of staying up to allow vision behind you. i tried to merge over to pass someone(yes the yj passing on the hwy is very rare) and all of a sudden i heard a horn blarred it was chevy yukon trying to pass me so i jerked the wheel right nvr thinking hmm i couldve rolled it right then.
Unread 09-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #7446
Bear94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

When you constantly have to convince your friend that your parking break isn't on.(Light stays on....)

It has no airbags, Seatbelt's that need replacing, and no doors, but you still feel safer in it than anything else.
Bear94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #7447
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

when you have to dry the dew off your seats and inside of the windshield every morning before you get in

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 06:23 AM   #7448
bella93wrangler
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark
when you have to dry the dew off your seats and inside of the windshield every morning before you get in
Haha ya I have to do that all the time!!! I have two towels at the ready in the garage at all times.
()_) ()_)-o-()_) Lets get TOPLESS & Play in the mud!
bella93wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #7449
nibstools
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella93wrangler View Post
Haha ya I have to do that all the time!!! I have two towels at the ready in the garage at all times.
Do you carry a squeegie for the inside of the windshield? comes in handy if you get caught in an unexpected downpour with the top off too!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-little-yj-1127802/
nibstools is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 07:17 AM   #7450
YJXRCJeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Haha I use the Squegee!
YJXRCJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #7451
Jarred2
1995 YJ Wrangler 

when none of your friends can figure out how to to move the passenger seat forward to get to the back...smh.
when you pull up next to a honda civic at a red light and repeatedly ref ur engine to get all the white smoke out from the seafoam u just used, and he thinks u want to race.
She lets me ride her whenever i want. I buy her shiny things all the time. Give her a kiss and hug every morning and night. Think about her all day and dream about her at night. We have the perfect relationship. Me and my jeep that is.

The way I see it, a Jeep is like sex-when it's good it's terrific, and when it's bad it's still pretty good!

Semper Fidelis
Jarred2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #7452
joeclark_1986

When you forget to put air back in your tires after wheeling, and get a good vibration on the highway...
joeclark_1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #7453
headhunter47
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'm new to the whole jeep thing so here is mine:
When u have to go to a jeep forum to figure out how to fix your yj because they are a whole different animal!!
headhunter47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #7454
Newk76
1991 YJ Wrangler 

when the highlight of your holiday weekend is finding a hard-to-find part for your yj
Newk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #7455
jeepinvader
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotentialYJNewb View Post
I don't know how the hell that happened. Might have left it at the 7-11 near my house getting gas this morning.
I was lying in bed one night cuz I couldn't sleep, and I couldn't think if I tightened the gas cap. I checked the next morning and it wasn't in, so back to the gas station I went and there it was laying in the grass across from the pump.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.