you know you drive a YJ when..... - Page 329 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > you know you drive a YJ when.....

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #4921
Roadyy

1994 YJ Wrangler 

When you think all the looks you are getting is because of it being a YJ JEEP and then a mile down the road it clicks in your head that they may have been admiring your dalmation paint job from all the gray primer waiting for paint where you have fixed rust spots...

Roadyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #4922
skeeterbeater
1995 YJ Wrangler 

when the girl in the drive through asks "do you know your blinker is on?" and your answer is "yep"

your pants have dirt on them after driving, even when you only drive on paved roads
Unread 06-26-2010, 12:55 AM   #4923
beachedjeepyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinSurprise View Post
WHOA WHOA WHOA... Your gas gauges WORK right? Mine is pegged at over full until I have about 220 miles on the tank... When the gauge drops below full, I know it is time to fill up. HAHA!
HAHA I wish my gas gauge didn't work then i wouldn't have to watch it get closer to E every time i look at it .

Also every right turn my gas is empty and every left turn it is full... I hate right turns.

And you don't calculate your gas mileage because you don't want to find out the truth of how bad it is. I get about in the low teens and that's what i keep telling myself every time i see the gauge drop...

I need a job!

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/motorcraft-carb-swap-961766/[/url]
beachedjeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2010, 06:39 AM   #4924
awkrueger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You know you drive a YJ when you actually think to yourself, "Oh, that noise didn't go away, it just mutated."
awkrueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #4925
faaantastic
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You know you drive a YJ when the pinging and rattling behind and beneath you could be coming from the undercarriage or just the can of PB on the floor.
faaantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #4926
Ratmeat
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Your jeep keeps your dirt driveway well oiled!

Damn rear main seal any how...

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount of up to and including his or her life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
Ratmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #4927
georgia4x4in
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachedjeepyj View Post
And you don't calculate your gas mileage because you don't want to find out the truth of how bad it is. I get about in the low teens and that's what i keep telling myself every time i see the gauge drop...
hahaha i do the same thing. before i had my YJ i had a 91 300zx and everybody asked me how the milage was in the jeep compared to the Z, and i just shrugged and answered "they're both s****y"

i refuse to calculate my mileage because i can't do anything about it, and i know it'll just make it suck worse to fill up haha.
georgia4x4in is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2010, 12:53 AM   #4928
tjorbust
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I just bought a 95 today. Funny that I drove it 200km home and it was still on full too... Last YJ (89) I had liked to come off full and bounce around till you ran out of gas. I laughed, refuelled till I spilled, reset the odometer and plan to figure out how many kms I can safely drive without refuelling.
tjorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 04:15 AM   #4929
Bigwilly
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yj Project

When your neighbor keeps asking how long before it goes on the road, and you keep telling him it needs more work when its only a trail rig!
Bigwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 07:59 PM   #4930
92YJSahara2
1995 YJ Wrangler 

when you have to stand on the bumper to work on the engine
Unread 06-28-2010, 09:16 PM   #4931
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92YJSahara2 View Post
No, this is "You Know You Drive a YJ When..." Not "You Know You're Short When..."

Nice sig, btw.
”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 09:48 PM   #4932
dagoober
1992 YJ Wrangler 

you wake up and its pouring rain. you then remember you forgot to put the tarp over the jeep last night! panicking and cursing you run out the door to cover it so you dont ruin your speakers or soak the interior. then you remember that you have the bikini top on and put the speakers on the front seat. you open the tailgate to pour out the water from the back and everything is fine.
what other vehicle can you do that in?
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
dagoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 07:55 AM   #4933
DavidHoover
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
No, this is "You Know You Drive a YJ When..." Not "You Know You're Short When..."

Nice sig, btw.
Yeah i'm 5' 6 and and i get funny looks when i'm kneeling on top of the engine to pour oil in
DavidHoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 08:10 AM   #4934
WarWagon
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagoober View Post
you wake up and its pouring rain. you then remember you forgot to put the tarp over the jeep last night! panicking and cursing you run out the door to cover it so you dont ruin your speakers or soak the interior. then you remember that you have the bikini top on and put the speakers on the front seat. you open the tailgate to pour out the water from the back and everything is fine.
what other vehicle can you do that in?
Lost my floor plugs a long time ago... Used to leave the top off Spring through Fall (bikini top on to cover the towel on my torn and tattered driver's seat) and after it rained I'd either back my rig up my driveway and let the water drain out the front drain holes or take it for a cruise around the neighborhood and slam the breaks every now and then to slosh the water up front to the drain holes. LOVE THAT FEATURE ON MY JEEP

When people ask me about what I do when it rains - I always respond with a smirk, "It's a Jeep, it's made to get wet".
WarWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 08:13 AM   #4935
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92YJSahara2 View Post
when in a pinch, you drive your jeep to the garage door, stand on the bumper and use it as a ladder for cleaning the gutters!
g4x4xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.