you know you drive a YJ when..... - Page 328 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > you know you drive a YJ when.....

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #4906
georgia4x4in
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck53 View Post
when your gas gauge is turning a corner a little fast and seeing if it dies out
when somebody makes a post as nonsensical as that, but somehow you STILL know what they mean.

georgia4x4in is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2010, 06:48 PM   #4907
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia4x4in View Post
when somebody makes a post as nonsensical as that, but somehow you STILL know what they mean.
x2. Reading it, thinking to yourself what is he talking about, and as you begin to re-read it, you get halfway through, and go DUH!
g4x4xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #4908
georgia4x4in
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g4x4xgeoff View Post
x2. Reading it, thinking to yourself what is he talking about, and as you begin to re-read it, you get halfway through, and go DUH!
he could have posted "gas gauge turn cut out" and i would've known what he was getting at haha. happens all to often haha.
georgia4x4in is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #4909
JeepinSurprise
1991 YJ Wrangler 

WHOA WHOA WHOA... Your gas gauges WORK right? Mine is pegged at over full until I have about 220 miles on the tank... When the gauge drops below full, I know it is time to fill up. HAHA!
Unread 06-21-2010, 10:11 AM   #4910
schwebel
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Holy crap you get 220 miles out of a tank....I'm jealous. You know you drive a YJ when you swear your neighbors are siphoning out your gas when you are sleeping.
schwebel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #4911
samsonitesamson
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwebel View Post
Holy crap you get 220 miles out of a tank....I'm jealous. You know you drive a YJ when you swear your neighbors are siphoning out your gas when you are sleeping.
lol I can pull 260 out of a tank, and still have a gallon or two left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnabb View Post
it bolted right up, except one bolt but i didn't need it anyway
samsonitesamson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #4912
JeepinSurprise
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yes sir! I just got her about 3 weeks ago now and was surprised to get 19 MPG last fillup! But, I do have the 4popper and only 3 inches of lift and 32s.
Unread 06-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #4913
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

If you're driving on level freeways without flooring it in 5th with lighter (not mud) tires, you can get about 20 MPG with a 4.0.

My gas gauge works... it's my voltmeter that's off. :P
”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #4914
TheBeast3744
1994 YJ Wrangler 

you know you drive a YJ when your transmission is finicky
Unread 06-23-2010, 10:30 PM   #4915
88MNYJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

when after 328 pages of talking about your yj. there is still so many more little thangs that are yet to be mentioned.
I also get anywhere from 250 to 270 miles per tank.

when for some reason the first time you try to turn over your yj all it does is click and the second time it fires.
88MNYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2010, 02:12 AM   #4916
newyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

some rice burner with a teenager in it pulls up to you at a red light gunning his engine to race, because he thinks the off road jack on your hood is an engine mod!!!!!

[url]http://www.cityprofile.com[/url]

[url]http://www.pgh-offroad.com[/url]
newyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #4917
JeepinSurprise
1991 YJ Wrangler 

HAHA! Nice one newyj.

When a rice burner with a teenager in it pulls up to you at a red light gunning his engine to race, because he thinks your exhaust leak is a cherry bomb and you are revving to race your 2.5 low output with 3 inches lift and 32s....lol
Unread 06-24-2010, 09:32 AM   #4918
WarWagon
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia4x4in View Post

ROFLMAO!! I was thinking the same thing

~~When your 4 and 2 year old sons each refer to your rig as "the noisy Jeep" and "the old fashioned Jeep" ~~
WarWagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #4919
faaantastic
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You know you're driving a YJ when you've given your heep more love, money, apologies and chances for redemption than your past three boyfriends. Combined.

... when your friend cleans your car by shoving the trash through the floor, rather than be seen tossing it out the door.

... when people point out that your car is smoking, you shake your finger at your car, shout "DAMMIT! We've talked about this! It's a filthy habit and you know it!", and keep walking.

... when you have to remind yourself that insurance companies don't condone using your vehicle as a battering ram.

... when you break down on the side of the road... and smile.
faaantastic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2010, 01:00 AM   #4920
oleblw
1989 YJ Wrangler 

you keep rain gear in the truck because u lost the top to some trees on a trail ride and havnt got a new one
oleblw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.