you know you drive a YJ when..... - Page 311 - JeepForum.com

 62Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4651 of 13813 Old 04-21-2010, 10:34 PM
burnout189
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Waynesboro PA
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedyj91 View Post
when you spend your entire tax return check on new parts for her and tell your wife everything you wanted to do is done, and two weeks go by and you have a whole new list of stuff you want to do to it!
heard that.
im constantly saying " well babe i think AS SOON as i get ______ finished im going to be done working on the jeep for a while." she says "yea, until next week"


and shes right.


BARNHART'S AUTO REPAIR
burnout189 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4652 of 13813 Old 04-22-2010, 12:03 AM
georgia4x4in
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Athens
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biologygurl View Post
I have had my '94 YJ for a little over a year now and these are the finer points of that year....

-I am very lucky that the PO didn't do anything crazy.
-I am super lucky that my heater is akin to a blast furnace.
-I am the luckiest yj owner ever in that I have almost zero rust.
-When I first bought her I had planned all sorts of mods and upgrades but I have come to love her exactly as she is and think that I'll continue running stock until I find an obstacle she can't conquer.
-Yanking out the dash to put in speakers that you can actually hear was fairly simple!
-I think it is funny to see the look on people's faces when they realize that it is my heep and not my husband's.
-My husband gets irritated when I won't put the top up for "a few showers" and say it is just my way of washing the inside.
-I know which plastic trashbags cover the seats best.
-I drove my heep even when I was 9 months preggers because I could get in and fall out of it easier than my husband's car.
-I refused to sell my heep when I found out I was having a boy because it would break his heart to know that I sold the coolest vehicle ever because it wasn't a family car.
-I can get the top off in less than 10 minutes and back on in 20.
-I love the looks I get when I have the top off on chilly mornings.
-If you don't return my wave, you're lame.
-And finally, I just can't get my day started until I have enjoyed my morning update email from jf!
dang near zero rust on mine there should be a rustless YJ club. i think we'd be the only two members. and the PO on mine was a mall crawler. no mud or dirt to be had anywhere on it. i changed that pretty quickly though.
georgia4x4in is offline  
post #4653 of 13813 Old 04-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Awesome
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: California
Posts: 1,524
No rust on mine, but the PO beat the crap out of her in the desert. I STILL have sand in the carpet after four years.

Oh, and my wife is so short she couldn't drive my Jeep when she was 9 months preggers because she couldn't reach the pedals. LOL

100 Characters is not enough to have an interesting/relevant signature.
Awesome is offline  
post #4654 of 13813 Old 04-22-2010, 08:49 AM
FOURWALLYS
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyshacklford View Post
your pretty sure it knows when its payday and waits until then to break down.

You are lucky, mine knows just when I've spent the last of a check, then takes a dump.........

I have a love/hate relationship with my jeep. I love it, it hates me..........
FOURWALLYS is offline  
post #4655 of 13813 Old 04-22-2010, 08:53 AM
georgia4x4in
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Athens
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWALLYS View Post
You are lucky, mine knows just when I've spent the last of a check, then takes a dump.........
same here. id love for it to break ON payday rather than after i've just spend the last of my extra cash.
georgia4x4in is offline  
post #4656 of 13813 Old 04-22-2010, 10:59 PM
krushnasty
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: morgantown/iraq
Posts: 81
when u say "me and jessica whent wheelin yesterday, man shes such a good girl. i love her so much" ( my jeep's name is jessica) and people ask if jessica is ur girlfriend.haha. and ur actual girl friend gets jealous
krushnasty is offline  
post #4657 of 13813 Old 04-23-2010, 10:17 AM
monsterenergy
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 151
when your parents ofer to pay your $4000 insurence bill if you pass school so you can buy new parts.

1994 YJ
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #567
monsterenergy is offline  
post #4658 of 13813 Old 04-23-2010, 10:51 AM
planedog
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Adairsville, GA
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biologygurl View Post
I have had my '94 YJ for a little over a year now and these are the finer points of that year....

-I am very lucky that the PO didn't do anything crazy.
-I am super lucky that my heater is akin to a blast furnace.
-I am the luckiest yj owner ever in that I have almost zero rust.
-When I first bought her I had planned all sorts of mods and upgrades but I have come to love her exactly as she is and think that I'll continue running stock until I find an obstacle she can't conquer.
-Yanking out the dash to put in speakers that you can actually hear was fairly simple!
-I think it is funny to see the look on people's faces when they realize that it is my heep and not my husband's.
-My husband gets irritated when I won't put the top up for "a few showers" and say it is just my way of washing the inside.
-I know which plastic trashbags cover the seats best.
-I drove my heep even when I was 9 months preggers because I could get in and fall out of it easier than my husband's car.
-I refused to sell my heep when I found out I was having a boy because it would break his heart to know that I sold the coolest vehicle ever because it wasn't a family car.
-I can get the top off in less than 10 minutes and back on in 20.
-I love the looks I get when I have the top off on chilly mornings.
-If you don't return my wave, you're lame.
-And finally, I just can't get my day started until I have enjoyed my morning update email from jf!
Biologygurl, will you marry me?
planedog is offline  
post #4659 of 13813 Old 04-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Biologygurl
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by planedog View Post
Biologygurl, will you marry me?
Already taken
Biologygurl is offline  
post #4660 of 13813 Old 04-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Biologygurl
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia4x4in View Post
dang near zero rust on mine there should be a rustless YJ club. i think we'd be the only two members. and the PO on mine was a mall crawler. no mud or dirt to be had anywhere on it. i changed that pretty quickly though.
Yeah, that would be a very small club. I bought new hood hinges that were black powder coated to ensure no rust issues and now those are the only things rusting! Going to have to put my original hinges back on. Gives me an excuse to love on her a bit though
Biologygurl is offline  
post #4661 of 13813 Old 04-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Rocky_Cosmark
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scranton
Posts: 241
U know u drive a yj if you truly believe a zip tie is a quick disco, so u use them to replace everything possible
Rocky_Cosmark is offline  
post #4662 of 13813 Old 04-24-2010, 03:05 PM
dagoober
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 359
when you need to change you windshield wiper motor and your speakers but you have to wait untill its nice enough to take the hardtop off so you can fold the windshield down.

________
l l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
dagoober is offline  
post #4663 of 13813 Old 04-24-2010, 05:11 PM
vetteman9368
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pcola, FL/ Mobile, AL
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia4x4in View Post
dang near zero rust on mine there should be a rustless YJ club. i think we'd be the only two members. and the PO on mine was a mall crawler. no mud or dirt to be had anywhere on it. i changed that pretty quickly though.
i could join that club too. there is one tiny little spot on the windshield frame and thats all. Its a 91 with 127k on the clock
vetteman9368 is offline  
post #4664 of 13813 Old 04-25-2010, 09:51 PM
burnout189
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Waynesboro PA
Posts: 625
when you say something like this in another post

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnout189
one thing leads to another, now i need to build a cage, with seat mounts, and frame tie ins, herc the interior, get a new console, move the e-brake, all at the same time. and it all started with a screwed up seat riser......lol

edit: oh and since i built my speakers into my current console, i need to move those, too, and probably put in some new dash speakers while im working on that.... :Rofl:

no wonder im broke...

BARNHART'S AUTO REPAIR
burnout189 is offline  
post #4665 of 13813 Old 04-25-2010, 10:13 PM
dimatrod
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 182
Taking you YJ out for some wheeling action leads to having your friends brag about their pathfinders and Mercedes G280's being faster than your carb'ed 4.2L, but later having the opportunity of bragging that your heep didn't break the sway bar and have engine overheat.
dimatrod is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Can I remove the front drive shaft and still drive around? CobraKhan TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 58 11-12-2014 04:28 PM
I have a drive shaft problem=2 drive shafts in less than one week!!!!!! machoman YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 14 12-24-2010 08:39 PM
YJ front drive spinning/posi-lock/no 4 wheel drive bdfletch YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 7 11-09-2009 10:58 PM
Drive Line Noise when Warmed up from extended drive amytom TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 1 02-26-2009 02:11 PM
POLL: Ok to Drive w/ rear drive shaft? Libtekguy TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 14 07-02-2008 11:25 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome