you know you drive a YJ when..... - Page 311 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > you know you drive a YJ when.....

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?

Unread 04-21-2010, 10:34 PM   #4651
burnout189
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedyj91 View Post
when you spend your entire tax return check on new parts for her and tell your wife everything you wanted to do is done, and two weeks go by and you have a whole new list of stuff you want to do to it!
heard that.
im constantly saying " well babe i think AS SOON as i get ______ finished im going to be done working on the jeep for a while." she says "yea, until next week"

and shes right.

BARNHART'S AUTO REPAIR
burnout189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 12:03 AM   #4652
georgia4x4in
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biologygurl View Post
I have had my '94 YJ for a little over a year now and these are the finer points of that year....

-I am very lucky that the PO didn't do anything crazy.
-I am super lucky that my heater is akin to a blast furnace.
-I am the luckiest yj owner ever in that I have almost zero rust.
-When I first bought her I had planned all sorts of mods and upgrades but I have come to love her exactly as she is and think that I'll continue running stock until I find an obstacle she can't conquer.
-Yanking out the dash to put in speakers that you can actually hear was fairly simple!
-I think it is funny to see the look on people's faces when they realize that it is my heep and not my husband's.
-My husband gets irritated when I won't put the top up for "a few showers" and say it is just my way of washing the inside.
-I know which plastic trashbags cover the seats best.
-I drove my heep even when I was 9 months preggers because I could get in and fall out of it easier than my husband's car.
-I refused to sell my heep when I found out I was having a boy because it would break his heart to know that I sold the coolest vehicle ever because it wasn't a family car.
-I can get the top off in less than 10 minutes and back on in 20.
-I love the looks I get when I have the top off on chilly mornings.
-If you don't return my wave, you're lame.
-And finally, I just can't get my day started until I have enjoyed my morning update email from jf!
dang near zero rust on mine there should be a rustless YJ club. i think we'd be the only two members. and the PO on mine was a mall crawler. no mud or dirt to be had anywhere on it. i changed that pretty quickly though.
georgia4x4in is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 12:07 AM   #4653
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

No rust on mine, but the PO beat the crap out of her in the desert. I STILL have sand in the carpet after four years.

Oh, and my wife is so short she couldn't drive my Jeep when she was 9 months preggers because she couldn't reach the pedals. LOL
”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #4654
FOURWALLYS
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyshacklford View Post
your pretty sure it knows when its payday and waits until then to break down.

You are lucky, mine knows just when I've spent the last of a check, then takes a dump.........
Unread 04-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #4655
georgia4x4in
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWALLYS View Post
You are lucky, mine knows just when I've spent the last of a check, then takes a dump.........
same here. id love for it to break ON payday rather than after i've just spend the last of my extra cash.
georgia4x4in is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 10:59 PM   #4656
krushnasty
1993 YJ Wrangler 

when u say "me and jessica whent wheelin yesterday, man shes such a good girl. i love her so much" ( my jeep's name is jessica) and people ask if jessica is ur girlfriend.haha. and ur actual girl friend gets jealous
krushnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #4657
monsterenergy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

when your parents ofer to pay your $4000 insurence bill if you pass school so you can buy new parts.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #567
monsterenergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #4658
planedog
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biologygurl View Post
I have had my '94 YJ for a little over a year now and these are the finer points of that year....

-I am very lucky that the PO didn't do anything crazy.
-I am super lucky that my heater is akin to a blast furnace.
-I am the luckiest yj owner ever in that I have almost zero rust.
-When I first bought her I had planned all sorts of mods and upgrades but I have come to love her exactly as she is and think that I'll continue running stock until I find an obstacle she can't conquer.
-Yanking out the dash to put in speakers that you can actually hear was fairly simple!
-I think it is funny to see the look on people's faces when they realize that it is my heep and not my husband's.
-My husband gets irritated when I won't put the top up for "a few showers" and say it is just my way of washing the inside.
-I know which plastic trashbags cover the seats best.
-I drove my heep even when I was 9 months preggers because I could get in and fall out of it easier than my husband's car.
-I refused to sell my heep when I found out I was having a boy because it would break his heart to know that I sold the coolest vehicle ever because it wasn't a family car.
-I can get the top off in less than 10 minutes and back on in 20.
-I love the looks I get when I have the top off on chilly mornings.
-If you don't return my wave, you're lame.
-And finally, I just can't get my day started until I have enjoyed my morning update email from jf!
Biologygurl, will you marry me?
planedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #4659
Biologygurl
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by planedog View Post
Biologygurl, will you marry me?
Already taken
Biologygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #4660
Biologygurl
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia4x4in View Post
dang near zero rust on mine there should be a rustless YJ club. i think we'd be the only two members. and the PO on mine was a mall crawler. no mud or dirt to be had anywhere on it. i changed that pretty quickly though.
Yeah, that would be a very small club. I bought new hood hinges that were black powder coated to ensure no rust issues and now those are the only things rusting! Going to have to put my original hinges back on. Gives me an excuse to love on her a bit though
Biologygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #4661
Rocky_Cosmark
1991 YJ Wrangler 

U know u drive a yj if you truly believe a zip tie is a quick disco, so u use them to replace everything possible
Rocky_Cosmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #4662
dagoober
1992 YJ Wrangler 

when you need to change you windshield wiper motor and your speakers but you have to wait untill its nice enough to take the hardtop off so you can fold the windshield down.
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
dagoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #4663
vetteman9368
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia4x4in View Post
i could join that club too. there is one tiny little spot on the windshield frame and thats all. Its a 91 with 127k on the clock
vetteman9368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2010, 09:51 PM   #4664
burnout189
1993 YJ Wrangler 

when you say something like this in another post

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnout189
one thing leads to another, now i need to build a cage, with seat mounts, and frame tie ins, herc the interior, get a new console, move the e-brake, all at the same time. and it all started with a screwed up seat riser......lol

edit: oh and since i built my speakers into my current console, i need to move those, too, and probably put in some new dash speakers while im working on that.... :Rofl:

no wonder im broke...

BARNHART'S AUTO REPAIR
burnout189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2010, 10:13 PM   #4665
dimatrod
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Taking you YJ out for some wheeling action leads to having your friends brag about their pathfinders and Mercedes G280's being faster than your carb'ed 4.2L, but later having the opportunity of bragging that your heep didn't break the sway bar and have engine overheat.
dimatrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.