you know you drive a YJ when..... - Page 153 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > you know you drive a YJ when.....

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-30-2009, 06:50 PM   #2281
yjeep92
1995 YJ Wrangler 

if you've ever been dragged away from a bar fight kicking and screaming "my square headlights are not gay you TJ loving ***!"

yjeep92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2009, 07:45 PM   #2282
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by overmaster View Post
glad im not the only on
same here guys it freaked me out at first now i am used to it.
Unread 01-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #2283
xjpops
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjeep92 View Post
if you've ever been dragged away from a bar fight kicking and screaming "my square headlights are not gay you TJ loving ***!"

When you have no plow, so you drive back and forth over the snow on your driveway to flatten it down so your other vehicles can get out.
88 toy sr5 stock and dead
xjpops is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2009, 09:52 PM   #2284
Mymmars
1989 YJ Wrangler 

when your glad the person who broke into your jeep dident take anything or try to steal it, then you realize that their is nothing of worth in your heep or your heep has no worth on the street as far as parts go.

Nightcrew member #095
Mymmars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2009, 05:19 AM   #2285
Hampus
1989 YJ Wrangler 

When you drive, you have to wear triple socks and ski goggles and ear protection. The socks to isolate from the cold on your left foot and the heat on your right foot. The ski goggles to keep the tears from squirting in the draught, even though the hardtop is on, and ear protection so that when you get home, you won't be deaf and yelled at by the Mrs for not hearing when she complaints about your clothes wreaking of burnt oil and unburned gasoline.

/Hampus
Hampus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2009, 12:19 PM   #2286
NorthwestYJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I dont want to make a wasted thread so Im going to ask it here. I have a 94 yj with the factory tow bar on the back. Ive read that this is not reliable for recovery. Is this true? If so how can I have rear recovery points without spending the cash on a new bumper?
NorthwestYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2009, 02:13 PM   #2287
snkwired
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJeepYJ View Post
I dont want to make a wasted thread so Im going to ask it here. I have a 94 yj with the factory tow bar on the back. Ive read that this is not reliable for recovery. Is this true? If so how can I have rear recovery points without spending the cash on a new bumper?
I just use a axle strap (strap about 20 inches long with metal loops on each end) and loop those around the axle or around the rear shakles.
snkwired is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2009, 02:14 PM   #2288
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJeepYJ View Post
Rusty, don't kill me for answering this question inside this thread lol.

One thing you can do is buy a pair of D-rings or Tow hooks and drill/bolt/weld them onto your frame just around the body mount/shackle area and have them face backwards. I plan to do that, but I do not have a picture to offer.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2009, 02:17 PM   #2289
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

You know you drive a YJ when your out wheeling and forget to disconnect your sway bar (again like every other time) and your rig decides...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. And rips out the quick disconnect pin on its own and demolishes the bolt that holds the quick disconnect vertical bar and the sway bar together. After discovering this you think to yourself...well I guess that settles that (becasue you have spent 6 months deciding in the back of your head if you wanted to permanently rid your rig of the sway bar anyways.) and take the disconnects off and throw them in the scrap pile.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Unread 01-31-2009, 02:56 PM   #2290
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Dont get mad or omit me from the contest.....but.......

When your waiting to see if your in the YJ of the month contest

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2009, 03:32 PM   #2291
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesx2 View Post
Dont get mad or omit me from the contest.....but.......

When your waiting to see if your in the YJ of the month contest
Haha x2 on that =p

<--- anxiously awaiting the official results!
Unread 01-31-2009, 03:45 PM   #2292
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Haha x2 on that =p

<--- anxiously awaiting the official results!

Hey its the JP jeep,, nice, very nice

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2009, 10:52 PM   #2293
nickstix
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave361 View Post
When within a week of picking up your heep at least 3 people you work with start talking about how they've always wanted one, and you see them searching the classifieds on their lunch break
After i brought mine home my older brother immediatly ranted about always wanting one, about 2 weeks later he bought one ...(mines still taller and gets through tougher stuff than his though)
nickstix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2009, 01:18 AM   #2294
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave361 View Post
When within a week of picking up your heep at least 3 people you work with start talking about how they've always wanted one, and you see them searching the classifieds on their lunch break
2 of my coworkers already bought ('90 YJ, '09 JK) and I have 2 more looking.

They still have a way to go to catch me though, bought my '91 YJ, few months later my wife's '93 YJ, and a year ago we bought a '99 WJ for family duty! All with 4.0L, and the WJ is 4X4 as well.

It's not all roses though, most people (including me) don't want their Dana 35's.......we have 3 of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2009, 02:22 AM   #2295
vans9140
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
...when your parking spot has more oil in it than your oil pan
...passenger asks 'theres smoke coming from underneath and under the hood, is that bad?' and you reply with 'no thats normal!'
...it stalls every time you come to a stop
...you get asked by dumb tj owners 'why are your headlights square?'
... when your friend can reach over and take the key out while your driving down the road, not shutting it off, and you have to say 'hey dont loose that incase i want to lock my doors!'
...when your guages are a broad estimate

I own a TJ, but have YJ friends ... soooo true. bravo.
vans9140 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.