you know you drive a YJ when..... - Page 107 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > you know you drive a YJ when.....

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 10-29-2008, 06:33 PM   #1591
jrollings
1995 ZJ 

lee

i should of know that lol. its been a long day and that would look badass but ur right someone would have to spend alot of time and money. hmm i may have to go get a jk and put square headlights on her....

Member of the 638th ASB out of Lafayette, IN
91B All wheeled vehicle mechanic
88M Motor Transport Operator
jrollings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #1592
jshaab2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

when you sink it in an aquafer . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC0gf...eature=channel
Unread 10-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #1593
losfelizwheelz
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Your pre-road trip to do list includes "put doors back on."

You think airbags are for p#ssies.

You measure the quality of a vacation by the number of bugs stuck to your windshield.

You actually don't have a windshield.
losfelizwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 10:09 PM   #1594
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I frickin' love this thread!

You know you drive a YJ when you think the TJ and JK guys are just a bunch of whiners everytime they put up a thread about something being "broken." You click the thread to find out it's somebody whining about their seats not sliding forward far enough, their under-hood light bulb being burnt out, their power windows/door locks don't work, the air bag light is on, etc. Seriously though, I hope I'm not the only one who thinks, "Oh, great, not another 'My auto-dimming rear view mirror isn't dimming anymore. Oh, hehehe, I forgot to push the button to turn it on' thread. lol

I laugh everytime I see a thread about a feature that our Jeeps don't even have malfunctioning in their newer Jeeps. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsapo View Post
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Matthew 7:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTJer View Post
That's a pretty decent crawl ratio, tell Matthew congrats. :2thumbsup:
06camarodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 06:30 AM   #1595
Pyrate_7
1995 ZJ 

I wonder if it would be better just to take an existing YJ grill and mod it to fit the JK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Iaccoca View Post
I was actually joking. Don't own a JK. But do wish I did have some pictures for you.

If I did have a JK, though, I would actually consider hiring a good fabricator to put a JK-sized "YJ" grill together. Just for laughs really.

Actually though, that kind of thing could end up turning in to an interesting low-volume, high-dollar-per-unit fab business once the fabricator worked out the kinks.

Bad news is that the Fabricator might end up spending months trying to make a version that looked anywhere near OEM. First try might end up costing a guy $10,000 or more in time, effort and materials even if he was experienced.

Maybe if the fabricator relaxed his standards a bit he could keep the initial costs down.

Actually a well-measured, flat sheet of steel would probably get the job done fairly well. Just cut it to the dimension of the JK grill. Then measure and cut out the JK grill slots. Then measure/cut for rectangular headlights and signal lights. Drill your holes for mounting hardware. Then Prime, paint the factory color and install. And obviously, you'd have to pull your JK's round headlights in favor of YJ-styled rectangular (HID?) lights

Wouldn't look OEM-quality up close, but it might do the job at a distance.

JK with a YJ grill

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
-- Galileo Galilei
Pyrate_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 07:57 AM   #1596
whitie_08
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by losfelizwheelz View Post

You think airbags are for p#ssies.

i was talking about this exact thing to my brother the other day
Unread 10-30-2008, 04:08 PM   #1597
noflacko
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post
You do not need your keys to start the Jeep as long as you did not lock the steering wheel. Now if I can just remember where I put my keys it has been so long since I used them...
Methink someone didst locketh thine steering wheel...

Cleveland, TN Jeepers UNITE! Monthly meet-N-greet, every third Saturday at Jordan's BBQ!
noflacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 05:39 PM   #1598
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

when you take your YJ on 30" ATs up a really steep hill, and a TJ behind you on 35s takes the bypass
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #1599
skipper7
2003 TJ Wrangler 

you know you drive a yj when tj drivers "like my self" hide "presents" ( random junk) in your tub because you cant put your top on.
skipper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 07:11 PM   #1600
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper7 View Post
you know you drive a yj when tj drivers "like my self" hide "presents" ( random junk) in your tub because you cant put your top on.
you know you drive a YJ when you can then take those pieces of random junk, and use them to fix you're YJ while on trails
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 07:16 PM   #1601
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarambo101 View Post
you know you drive a YJ when you can then take those pieces of random junk, and use them to fix you're YJ while on trails
hahaha. yes.
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 07:17 PM   #1602
buickgnx88
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You know you drive a YJ when you have a key that says "For GM Cars".
buickgnx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 08:09 PM   #1603
whitie_08
1991 YJ Wrangler 

it takes a whole tank of gas in a pressure washer to get MOST of the mud off.

you get better gas mileage when covered in mud. [seriously i got 2 more miles per gallon, from 14 to 16]
Unread 10-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #1604
disarm6565
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami View Post
when you have a little of just about every fluid in your rig stored in the back.
When someone steals your bag full of just about every fluid in your rig out the back of your jeep. They also snagged some hose, a u joint, and some Rain-X (broken wiper lever) in the deal.
Unread 10-31-2008, 12:20 AM   #1605
MudMony
1987 YJ Wrangler 

you know you drive a yj when your radio shuts off when you use the brake pedal
MudMony is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.