Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

you know you drive a YJ when.....

2M views 14K replies 3K participants last post by  cap6302 
#1 ·
a blanket is manditory winter driving equipment

#3,550 ·
When you see your oil gauge drop to zero and search for the problem to find that its a frikn plastic oil sending unit thats cracked and spurting out oil like a ripped open artery

PLASTIC!!!!?!?!?!?? really?

oh and it cost me more for the special socket and extended socket arm then the part....and yes i bought a spare....since its frikn PLASTIC!!!!????

#3,551 ·
You don't need the trac bars, but I would suggest you put the shocks back on. I almost wish I had that problem I can't get my rear track bar off but have the front one off.
well, i dont know how i did it, but i sheered my trac bar off in the rear. right at the base of the mount. i wasnt even doing anything crazy. so i bet you could wack it off with a good solid hammer.

#3,555 ·
you know you drive a yj when your girlfriend, friends with built up 4x4 trucks, and friends that dont know anything about cars all hate jk's. one friend who drives a monte carlo knows more about why jk's are frowned upon in jeep world than he knows about his own car and he calls me just to tell me he seen a jk it burned his eyes.

#3,560 · (Edited)
you have a 1/2 inch thick rubber mud flap for a drivers side floorboard

And you are seriously contemplating grenading the tranny out of you dd so you have an excuse to drive the yj

and you come out of the woods way faster than you should hit some foot deep ruts, the back wheels jump out and you almost slide sideways into a pond. and all you do is smile and take back off.

you are running your stocker over some dirt bike jumps, smash the tire into the fender and find out that th P.O. had bondo in that fender.

#3,569 ·
...when the god repent on you for listen to rap music and have your hat on Tpain style, by making a gust of wind past throw the jeep and blowing the hat off.

But no worrys i got it back put it in my center console and turned on country or rock i forget what i turned on. :D

#3,579 ·
you have a short. if you have a 4 pin trailer plug you might have a crafty buddy. (short the brown and yellow wires and every time you hit the breaks the interior lights come on) i may have done this a few times:shhh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.