you know you drive a YJ when..... - Page 106 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > you know you drive a YJ when.....

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 10-27-2008, 11:23 PM   #1576
Barrio
1992 YJ Wrangler 

when you know all a TJ is good for is its flares...

-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2008, 09:51 AM   #1577
Pyrate_7
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06camarodude View Post
You know you drive a YJ when a woman on her cell phone, driving in the left lane in a FWD SUV-thing will merge into your lane, without signaling or consulting her mirrors, with you next to her (not in her blind spot, BTW). You try honking your horn only to realize that the horn has not worked, and will not work until you can afford a REAL horn. You are being tailgated all this time by an angry man in a minivan, also on the phone, who is not paying attention. You cannot slow down, you cannot honk, you certainly can't outrun the SUV-thing or the minivan. You can't even get out of your own way. SO, in weighing your options, you realize that the safest thing to do is get your timing right, jump a curb and stop in someone's lawn. Just as you are about to make this fun fantasy become a reality, the woman in the SUV-esque vehicle realizes that she was about to merge into the side of your steel-and-canvas deathtrap, swerves back into her lane, and slows down so she can start flipping you off and screaming, as if my lack of horn somehow caused her to nearly merge into the side of my vehicle while talking on her cell phone (illegal in my county) while changing lanes without signaling. She then manages to get next to you at the next stop light, and rolls down her window to yell some more, at which point the police officer -who was 2 cars behind you during this escapade- arrives and pulls her over, citing her for the aforementioned moving violations, as well as failure to wear a seatbelt. Yeah, and I thought my Jeep was a deathtrap. It's only as safe as the person behind the wheel wants it to be.

BTW, that actually happened yesterday while I was on my way to work. I need to get my horn fixed. I never realized that the horn is the most vital piece of safety equipment on my Jeep. With the ratings the IIHS gave this thing back in '87, I need all the safety features I can get.
UGH, I feel your pain. Had a chick in a minivan try to do that crap to me when the lanes merged from two down to one. I had one thought when this was going on: "Go ahead, bounce off my 35's."

Next stoplight, after it had opened back up to two lanes, she tried the roll-down-the-window-and-chew-my-*** trick. I asked her how long she'd been living in Illinois. She said all her life. I replied, "Well, then you should know that Illinois State Law says that it is the responsibility of the person merging to safely merge into the correct lane, not the responsibility of the person IN the correct lane to let you in. There was plenty of room both ahead of and behind me, but you chose to sit right next to me. Drive better next time."

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
-- Galileo Galilei
Pyrate_7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2008, 10:09 AM   #1578
rugbygode2
1989 YJ Wrangler 

wow those are great threads
89 Jeep Wrangler YJ 4.2L BA-10 Trans NP231 Transfer SYE 35in BFG Mud Terrian Tires Flat Fenders 4in Pro Comp Lift Diamond Plate Rear Corners LED Taillights Warrior Tube Doors KC Daylighters Nates 4X4 Rear Bumper With Swingout Tire Carrier Cobra CB One Working 6x9 Speaker Bikini Top Year Round Lincoln Locker

[CENTER][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...=652630&page=5[/url][/CENTER]

[B]National Topless Day Feb 3rd 2009[/B]
rugbygode2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2008, 10:46 AM   #1579
eastonboater62
1995 YJ Wrangler 

you kno you drive a Yj when

after a big rain evertime you take a turn there is a waterfall on your feet. Ha and even better when its cold and you have the heat on and the water hits the heater Can u Say Sauna.

Can anyone tell me why mine does that>?
eastonboater62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #1580
Barrio
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastonboater62 View Post
after a big rain evertime you take a turn there is a waterfall on your feet. Ha and even better when its cold and you have the heat on and the water hits the heater Can u Say Sauna.

Can anyone tell me why mine does that>?
Most of us have that issue or will have it.

-windshield seal is rotted and cracked
-the tube in the fire wall for the heater is clogged

well thats what it was for me.
-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2008, 12:24 PM   #1581
OneCleanYj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_YJ View Post
This is sooo true.
On my way home from work of a morning I can recognize a YJ about 1/4 mile in the distance.
Yeah, every time I guess it right I can't help but chuckle a bit
Unread 10-28-2008, 01:05 PM   #1582
Jeep-Rebel
1994 YJ Wrangler 

you carry more belts than a JC Penny
Jeep-Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2008, 02:32 PM   #1583
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCleanYj View Post
I don't know if this one is on here yet,t-

You know you drive a YJ when you can recognize another set of square headlights coming the opposite direction a mile away
It's really bad when you can tell at night, simply by looking at the distance between the two headlights
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2008, 05:58 PM   #1584
safari_edit93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

when part of your lift involves home made shackles and, better yet, your rig is paid for
safari_edit93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2008, 01:22 AM   #1585
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesx2 View Post
You see a part you need on Craigs List thats only an hour away from your house. You end up getting lost and the trip turns into a 3 hour round trip. You dont mind because its for the YJ.
That's what happened when I went to look at my Jeep! lol We were driving the Formula, which gets like 21mpg highway, and we ended up taking the wrong exit ramp, and didn't realize it for over an hour. . . 45 minute trip turned into 3 hours! lol

It was still fun, and of course I don't mind, because if I didn't make that trip, I wouldn't own a YJ right now. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsapo View Post
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Matthew 7:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTJer View Post
That's a pretty decent crawl ratio, tell Matthew congrats. :2thumbsup:
06camarodude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2008, 01:39 AM   #1586
Lee Iaccoca
1994 YJ Wrangler 

YJ Love

You have a custom "YJ" grill made for your new JK Rubicon Unlimited.

(Actually, this should be my response to: "You know you love your YJ when..."

Last edited by Lee Iaccoca; 10-29-2008 at 03:12 AM.. Reason: Editorial Upgrade
Lee Iaccoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2008, 02:25 PM   #1587
LeeTheDestroyer
1992 YJ Wrangler 

you know you drive a yj when your friend jumps into the passenger side, gets is belt loop caught, complains about it, and all you have to do to get him to shut up is tell him about how every pair of pants you own are missing belt loops because of the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLJeeper View Post
The dana 35 was a cruel joke, perpetuated by the man, to keep a jeeper down.
Yj- when the speed limit is no longer a restriction, but rather a challenge ready to be conquered every time.
LeeTheDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2008, 04:41 PM   #1588
jrollings
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Iaccoca View Post
You have a custom "YJ" grill made for your new JK Rubicon Unlimited.

(Actually, this should be my response to: "You know you love your YJ when..."
we need pics .........
Member of the 638th ASB out of Lafayette, IN
91B All wheeled vehicle mechanic
88M Motor Transport Operator
jrollings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2008, 06:07 PM   #1589
Cross
1991 YJ Wrangler 

You do not need your keys to start the Jeep as long as you did not lock the steering wheel. Now if I can just remember where I put my keys it has been so long since I used them...
Cross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2008, 07:02 PM   #1590
Lee Iaccoca
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrollings View Post
we need pics .........
I was actually joking. Don't own a JK. But do wish I did have some pictures for you.

If I did have a JK, though, I would actually consider hiring a good fabricator to put a JK-sized "YJ" grill together. Just for laughs really.

Actually though, that kind of thing could end up turning in to an interesting low-volume, high-dollar-per-unit fab business once the fabricator worked out the kinks.

Bad news is that the Fabricator might end up spending months trying to make a version that looked anywhere near OEM. First try might end up costing a guy $10,000 or more in time, effort and materials even if he was experienced.

Maybe if the fabricator relaxed his standards a bit he could keep the initial costs down.

Actually a well-measured, flat sheet of steel would probably get the job done fairly well. Just cut it to the dimension of the JK grill. Then measure and cut out the JK grill slots. Then measure/cut for rectangular headlights and signal lights. Drill your holes for mounting hardware. Then Prime, paint the factory color and install. And obviously, you'd have to pull your JK's round headlights in favor of YJ-styled rectangular (HID?) lights

Wouldn't look OEM-quality up close, but it might do the job at a distance.

JK with a YJ grill

Last edited by Lee Iaccoca; 10-29-2008 at 07:13 PM..
Lee Iaccoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.