you know you drive a YJ when..... - Page 104 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > you know you drive a YJ when.....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-23-2008, 10:14 PM   #1546
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrio View Post
when it rains and the jeep is flooded, you park on a very steep hill and open the tail gate.

Did it a couple days ago haha
Hahaha... Need pics next time!

RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 10:17 PM   #1547
Barrio
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Hahaha... Need pics next time!
deal.
-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #1548
Pyrate_7
1995 ZJ 

...when you're driving home from work, blasting the stereo, and "Gasolina" by Daddy Yankee comes on, and you think to yourself, "Damn, this song is strangely appropriate for a Jeep."

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
-- Galileo Galilei
Pyrate_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 09:57 AM   #1549
MudMony
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami View Post
when there is a tailgater behind you 24\7.
install a train horn. i did, works wonders!
MudMony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #1550
OneCleanYj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I don't know if this one is on here yet,t-

You know you drive a YJ when you can recognize another set of square headlights coming the opposite direction a mile away
Unread 10-24-2008, 11:53 AM   #1551
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

This is sooo true.
On my way home from work of a morning I can recognize a YJ about 1/4 mile in the distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCleanYj View Post
I don't know if this one is on here yet,t-

You know you drive a YJ when you can recognize another set of square headlights coming the opposite direction a mile away
DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.
If you're still confused click here to see how I view the forum.
Brandon_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #1552
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMony View Post
install a train horn. i did, works wonders!
dude i need one. my horn is GAY! its not even stock i think. the PO put it on. when i drive and someone cuts out in front of me. i dont even honk. even when it says "honk for huskies"(my skool mascot.) on a car.... well one day at skool i honked the horn just a bit to show my friend how gay my horn was. then all of a sudden. like a mob of girls came running to the jeep just to honk it.

You Know You Drive a Yj.. when someone honks urs horn too much.. so u just pop the horn button off and they said... wat the hell? and ur like....yes i can do that.

Now im tryin to decide if i want to change the horn. its a chick magnet. literally. haha.
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 05:21 PM   #1553
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
When your girlfriend compliments you on how clean your carpet is after its been raining and nasty outside for a week. I tell her i like to keep a clean ship.

But in reality I have to get the shop vac out every morning to get out the puddles, even with the plugs out.
Hey man your floors are going to fall out (if they haven't already) because the carpeting sucks up water like a sponge. Just keep an eye on that and make sure to dry it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tompatt View Post
dude i need one. my horn is GAY! its not even stock i think. the PO put it on. when i drive and someone cuts out in front of me. i dont even honk. even when it says "honk for huskies"(my skool mascot.) on a car.... well one day at skool i honked the horn just a bit to show my friend how gay my horn was. then all of a sudden. like a mob of girls came running to the jeep just to honk it.

You Know You Drive a Yj.. when someone honks urs horn too much.. so u just pop the horn button off and they said... wat the hell? and ur like....yes i can do that.

Now im tryin to decide if i want to change the horn. its a chick magnet. literally. haha.
Yeah I have the same deal, except the PO installed an ahooga horn in mine. It sucked whenever I had to use it if I got cut off because "AHOOGA" just isn't angry. I have installed air horns in addition.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 08:00 PM   #1554
buickgnx88
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I on the other hand have an awesome horn: a set of Wolo direct drive air horns and a high/low pair of vintage Cadillac horns.
buickgnx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 12:46 AM   #1555
MudMony
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tompatt View Post

you will get more chicks with a train horn, i guarantee it, but you gotta watch out for cops. all your friends, guys included, would love it
Unread 10-25-2008, 02:07 AM   #1556
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

You know you drive a YJ when a woman on her cell phone, driving in the left lane in a FWD SUV-thing will merge into your lane, without signaling or consulting her mirrors, with you next to her (not in her blind spot, BTW). You try honking your horn only to realize that the horn has not worked, and will not work until you can afford a REAL horn. You are being tailgated all this time by an angry man in a minivan, also on the phone, who is not paying attention. You cannot slow down, you cannot honk, you certainly can't outrun the SUV-thing or the minivan. You can't even get out of your own way. SO, in weighing your options, you realize that the safest thing to do is get your timing right, jump a curb and stop in someone's lawn. Just as you are about to make this fun fantasy become a reality, the woman in the SUV-esque vehicle realizes that she was about to merge into the side of your steel-and-canvas deathtrap, swerves back into her lane, and slows down so she can start flipping you off and screaming, as if my lack of horn somehow caused her to nearly merge into the side of my vehicle while talking on her cell phone (illegal in my county) while changing lanes without signaling. She then manages to get next to you at the next stop light, and rolls down her window to yell some more, at which point the police officer -who was 2 cars behind you during this escapade- arrives and pulls her over, citing her for the aforementioned moving violations, as well as failure to wear a seatbelt. Yeah, and I thought my Jeep was a deathtrap. It's only as safe as the person behind the wheel wants it to be.

BTW, that actually happened yesterday while I was on my way to work. I need to get my horn fixed. I never realized that the horn is the most vital piece of safety equipment on my Jeep. With the ratings the IIHS gave this thing back in '87, I need all the safety features I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsapo View Post
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Matthew 7:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTJer View Post
That's a pretty decent crawl ratio, tell Matthew congrats. :2thumbsup:
06camarodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 10:16 AM   #1557
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
you will get more chicks with a train horn, i guarantee it, but you gotta watch out for cops. all your friends, guys included, would love it
My dad is a cop (Sarg. with county). ... lol. he wouldnt care tho. he would prob. want me to get it.
Unread 10-25-2008, 10:54 AM   #1558
MudMony
1987 YJ Wrangler 

then by all means, go for it. ill post pics of mine on my profile soon. its really easy. i got it from trucktrainhorns.com for $150. it was the high intensity discharge, the regular on e is only $100. all you need is a compressor, and air tank, a valve of some sort,and some air line.
Unread 10-25-2008, 10:56 AM   #1559
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
then by all means, go for it. ill post pics of mine on my profile soon. its really easy. i got it from trucktrainhorns.com for $150. it was the high intensity discharge, the regular on e is only $100. all you need is a compressor, and air tank, a valve of some sort,and some air line.
I want a horn that sounds like a fog horn.
Unread 10-25-2008, 07:16 PM   #1560
il_marcello
1989 YJ Wrangler 

you know you have a YJ when... you've taken it apart in so many ways it looks like you bought it at IKEA!
il_marcello is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.