you know you drive a YJ when..... - Page 100 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > you know you drive a YJ when.....

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 10-15-2008, 10:42 PM   #1486
teejmcd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

mine came from 97 i think. most years had 4.10s. check out-car parts. my junk yard had 2 with 4.10s one open one with lsd... (i got open because im putin an aussie locker in it)and they had a bunch of 3.73s.i could of put what ever i wanted on the axle and im sure they wouldn't of said any thing. they don't keep inventory you pull stuff and bring it up front. i put on the flange adapter on the axle to bc i got a 94 and its the same as explorer, also put a passenger side brake line on the driver side for my yj because i don't need that huge rubber brake line. im just happy i got a back up now. =-)

well back on topic. you no you drive a yj when your happy you got an 8.8 sitting in your friends garage!

Member of CORE4X4.NET
teejmcd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2008, 12:38 AM   #1487
mazyj
1991 YJ Wrangler 

correct me if im wrong but 96+ all had disk brakes and 31 spline shafts (as opposed to 27), and had either 3.73's, 4.10's, or 4.10's with LSD. 4.10's with LSD are common just look for the higher end exploders ~ aka nice turds.
mazyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2008, 01:22 AM   #1488
Dynamic4x4

u leak water from under the dash but somehow with no plugs in the drain holes and big dents under the door water doesnt come in when ur in a 4ft deep mud puddle
Dynamic4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2008, 11:36 AM   #1489
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazyj View Post
correct me if im wrong but 96+ all had disk brakes and 31 spline shafts (as opposed to 27), and had either 3.73's, 4.10's, or 4.10's with LSD. 4.10's with LSD are common just look for the higher end exploders ~ aka nice turds.
'95 to '01 had disc brakes and 4:10's.

You know you drive a YJ when you congratulate yourself with a beer, when a Torx bolt comes out without having to beat it out with an impact driver or cut it off with a torch.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2008, 11:44 AM   #1490
teejmcd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

they had 3.55 373 and 4.10 thats why their so good for jeeps factory gear ratios for jeep ez swamp im geitg a d30 from a manual 2.5 direct bolt in to match 8.8

Member of CORE4X4.NET
teejmcd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2008, 09:16 PM   #1491
jgillespie
1991 YJ Wrangler 

when you have driven the jeep with only one door on...too lazy to take off the passenger side door

Originally posted by Crazyquadder:
Quote:
a 6 foot puddle is approx half way up my doors
jgillespie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2008, 07:50 PM   #1492
Clamwacker
1991 YJ Wrangler 

All this talk about missing belt loops, but I missed altogether one day and now I'm missing one of my natural belt loops, by which I mean a good chunk of the flesh out of my side. OUCH!
Red Jeep Club #496
Clamwacker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2008, 05:02 AM   #1493
SwissK31
2006 TJ Wrangler 

you Know you drive a yj when your girlfriend has to wear two bras when she goes riding with you and even then you still have to yell out "bump" so she can put her arms across her chest before you hit it.
SwissK31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2008, 08:54 AM   #1494
jrollings
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissK31 View Post
you Know you drive a yj when your girlfriend has to wear two bras when she goes riding with you and even then you still have to yell out "bump" so she can put her arms across her chest before you hit it.
haha my wife has the same problem but instead of yelling bump just go ahead and cover them yourself and when she says something just tell her you saved her from a black eye
Member of the 638th ASB out of Lafayette, IN
91B All wheeled vehicle mechanic
88M Motor Transport Operator
jrollings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #1495
mblosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrollings View Post
haha my wife has the same problem but instead of yelling bump just go ahead and cover them yourself and when she says something just tell her you saved her from a black eye
I do this what ever we are driving. Sometimes even when just sitting there on the couch.

You know you drive a YJ when your coworkers ask every morning "Was it cold driving to work today?"
mblosch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2008, 10:01 AM   #1496
ziebartrob
1993 YJ Wrangler 

When your boss sees your on the computer when it's slow and aks "are you on that damn YJ forum again?!!"
ziebartrob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #1497
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziebartrob View Post
When your boss sees your on the computer when it's slow and aks "are you on that damn YJ forum again?!!"
I'm a teacher's aid, and He's said the same thing to me
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2008, 01:17 PM   #1498
jrollings
1995 ZJ 

you know you drive a yj when driving down the road a woman in a JK waves and your wife yells "she doesnt have the right to wave thats not even a real jeep"
Member of the 638th ASB out of Lafayette, IN
91B All wheeled vehicle mechanic
88M Motor Transport Operator
jrollings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #1499
Cross
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Not sure if this had been said.

You know you drive a YJ when you go to open the door in a TJ and think, thats stupid the door handle is backwards.
Cross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2008, 01:50 AM   #1500
LeeTheDestroyer
1992 YJ Wrangler 

on the topic of doors....

you know you drive a yj when everyone and their mom gets stuck inside your jeep because they cant find that elusive door handle.
LeeTheDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.