york compressor bracket? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > york compressor bracket?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-20-2008, 11:56 PM   #1
tawdr77
1980 CJ5 

york compressor bracket?

I have an 89 wrangler with a 2.5, and V-belts. I also have a york compressor with a V-belt clutch. What im needing to know, is there a factory bracket that I can look for that will mount this compressor onto this engine in the right spot? Or is there a company that may make an aftermarket bracket that would work? There is tons of room, as the only accessory that I have is an alternator.

I found one aftermarket company, but they only had a bracket for the serpentine style belt, not V-belt compressors... Any help would be appreciated!

tawdr77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 12:02 AM   #2
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

Try Kilby Enterprises

If its not listed on the website, call them. They probably have the part you need.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 01:03 AM   #3
tawdr77
1980 CJ5 

That was the aftermarket company that I had found. They dont list anything for a wrangler before 91. I sent them an email to check and make sure they dont have it. Thanks for the reply!
tawdr77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
Dustin07
1989 YJ Wrangler 

www.suicidedoors.com appeals to a completely different crowd, but does run York brackets and other EDC parts. Again, you'd have to call them to see if they have one for your application. I know for sure that they don't list everything they have on their site.
Unread 08-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #5
Matt Pascoe
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have a spare AMC factory York mount for the 4.2, but I don't know if it's the same bracket for the 2.5L
Matt Pascoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.