Yj wont crank, plz help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Yj wont crank, plz help!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTrick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub Shafts

Unread 07-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
masterjqx
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yj wont crank, plz help!

i have a 91 yj. i parked it the other day, went out a couple days later and no crank. no turn over nothing. battery is good, all lights work turn signals ect. with the ignition on i jump the starter and it only spins does not engage, if i try to pull start it, it only putters its not geting fuel or spark? anyone have any ideas? thanks!

Unread 07-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
youngjeepr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

So it won't crank with the key but if you bypass the solenoid it does? If that's the case your starter solenoid is bad.

By pull start I assume you mean get the vehicle rolling and popping the clutch? When you do that it still won't run?

Have you checked for spark or fuel?

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
youngjeepr is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.