YJ Underdash AC lke this? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Underdash AC lke this?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 07-31-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
taghard
1989 YJ Wrangler 

YJ Underdash AC lke this?

Back story: I sold my 90yj with AC (big mistake), I missed it so much so I bought another 89 yj. I found the under dash AC unit, condenser and the compressor ( I need to find a v belt the one I have is serpentine belt). I do need to find the correct AC mount bracket for it still.

So here is my problem this AC unit that came out of an 94 jeep yj has to many wires. lol. The fan control and temp was connected to the heater controls and not located on the under dash Face. I have seen it mentioned on here about the same control but the thread was never finished. I need to find someone who has a set up like this that can help me with the wiring

I do not have access to the original control panel, so that option is out. I can buy new control knob like all the other units I have seen but I would like to try to connect it like it is.

You can see but the pictures of what I have. Some one out there has to have one like this.

Also please don't tell me to take the top off, or the doors and that jeeps don't need AC. I live in Florida, its 94 degrees out, 90% humidity. I want AC.

dsc_0289a.jpg   dsc_0290a.jpg   dsc_0292a.jpg   dsc_0291a.jpg  
taghard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

That other type must be really a later model because all the ones I have seen from 87-93 were the other style
Unread 07-31-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I can't help you as my unit has never been out of my jeep but possibly the installation inst. might help, heres a link for them at jeep air.

http://jeep-air.com/instructions

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
taghard
1989 YJ Wrangler 

From what I have read, It looks like a factory or a very good dealer install. I was told it was from a 94 yj, the guy I got it from was going to put it into his 95. I have looked at all the jeep ac people and they all have the kind with the two knobs. So I have no clue what all this extra stuff is for. lol. I still need to find the hoses as all the ones I have have been cut, and a dryer for the system. The main thing I need to locate is a Ac mount for the motor. The junk yards here have zero wranglers and no AMC cars.
Unread 07-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Mine was like that. My climate control (AKA heat/defrost selector) has an a/c setting on it as well. All those harnesses were plugged in under my dash in various areas. One of the harnesses connected to a harness that fed through the firewall. I can't remember it all because when I tore it our, I just disconnected all the harnesses and zip tied them up and out of the way. Mine was a dealer installed a/c unit with a factory climate control panel.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 07:14 PM   #6
taghard
1989 YJ Wrangler 

ok so that's the second one I have heard about. You don't by chance still have some of the parts do you?
Unread 07-31-2013, 07:34 PM   #7
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Just the duct work. Everything else was part of the wiring harness, so it should be under yours as well.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #8
taghard
1989 YJ Wrangler 

That would be nice if I had it, I didn't see it last time I was under the dash so I will have to take about her look.
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
ROWA

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Are you sure it's not from a Wagoneer, I would call Jeep Air.

The best Engineering is no match against natural Stupidity.
ROWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #10
taghard
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I was told it was from a yj, and I have heard of a few people with this set up. I may call jeep air in the morning to see what they have to say.
Unread 08-02-2013, 05:26 AM   #11
haroldpo
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have a 95 and your wiring/plug ins look nothing like mine. The a/c unit looks the same.
haroldpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #12
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

OP!

Here's how mine was wired up:

Unread 08-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #13
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Mine too /\
Unread 08-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #14
taghard
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thats what I have. Now I just need to figure out how it all went together. Mine has two relays attached to the harness where the wires ( large ones) go into anouther plug and out to a flat stylr plug and anouther set goes to a ( bare with me on this) plug that looks just like the standard fan switch two vertical spades and below that two horizontal spades. But I dont see how that heater control fan switch controls the ac fan they are both male ends. and the heater fan has a 5 blade plug already attached.
I am working 12's right now but I will have to crawl up and look as soon as I can.

Thank you gentlemen!
Unread 08-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #15
calvynandhobbs
1994 YJ Wrangler 

My 94 has the under dash AC that looks like that. I haven't looked at it at all as I plan to just keep it in there even though I'm going to convert my AC to OBA in the future.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.