YJ Transfer Case Spacers? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Transfer Case Spacers?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
Jkandt86
1993 YJ Wrangler 

YJ Transfer Case Spacers?

So I just got my Rough Country 4" lift kit delivered and I was wondering about the transfer case spacers. How much extra stress will this put on the tranny and motor with the extra angle? I dont wanna spend much more money on this as I'm in school so trying to keep my expenses down but I dont wanna sacrifice the reliability of the motor or tranny. It's a 4.0L 5spd manual. 1993. Thanks!!

Jkandt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

a lot of people run them with no problem. im not a big fan of losing ground clearance tho. i went with a slip yoke eliminator and cv driveshaft instead. if you have the stock motor mounts ,they flex a lot.
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

If you have the factory driveline, you need to run it or risk binding the driveshaft up. I know with my 2.5" kit I got almost 4" out of it and still needed to order spacers so with your kit, I would run it.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
Jkandt86
1993 YJ Wrangler 

ok, not too worried about ground clearance. I just wanted to make sure that the spacers were safe to use in the long run. Jeep is a daily driver so I need it to work lol
Jkandt86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.