YJ to TJ interior - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ to TJ interior

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 12-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
spudnik04
1995 YJ Wrangler 

YJ to TJ interior

Is there any conversion kits that i can use to put the interior out of a tj into my yj?

spudnik04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

No
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
scubamc
1991 YJ Wrangler 

The easiest thing to do is sell the YJ and buy a TJ with all the plush luxury interior items.
Unread 12-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #4
spudnik04
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ok thanks
spudnik04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #5
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

why would you want to? the TJ has some nice upgrades to the yj but the interior ain't one of them, looks like a car.

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #6
HARLEYX2
1987 YJ Wrangler 

THe tj back seat is also too wide.
HARLEYX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
mark1305

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadyrob View Post
why would you want to? the TJ has some nice upgrades to the yj but the interior ain't one of them, looks like a car.
My thought exactly. I don't see that interior holding up well to exposure to the elements - like a Jeep interior should (IMHO).

That's why I bought a YJ. Slightly better suspension and handling than a CJ. Still simple enough for wrenching on myself. And not so plush as to need a hard top to protect its interior from the elements. (Which here in Floriduh can eat up plush stuff.)

In fact, if I keep my YJ long enough I may retro its dash to a CJ style using weather proof or marine quality instruments. I just finished restoring all the dash components from the weathering and abuse of POs. When its looking shabby again, time to mod & simplify & weatherproof.
mark1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #8
kpatrick91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

How about putting yj interior into a tj?
kpatrick91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #9
bryris
1995 YJ Wrangler 

6 years ago when I was researching Jeeps to buy, I wasnt loyal to any particular model. But, one thing that sold me on the YJ was the interior. It just felt more authentic Jeep than the plastic igloo cooler feel of the TJ. Plus, there is much more leg room in the YJ and I am 6'5". CJ would be OK too, but at least the YJ has some class. The previous owner put a wood grain facade on the dash and I love it. Gives it something unique and classy looking.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.