YJ TF999 SWAP- Belly Pan and mount Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ TF999 SWAP- Belly Pan and mount Questions

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
rksnow1
2008 JK Wrangler 

YJ TF999 SWAP- Belly Pan and mount Questions

Hi everyone. Im in the middle of swapping a TF999 trans into my 89 YJ with 4.2 and getting rid of the Peugot BA. I have the trans, transfer case, driveshafts etc. installed. All I I have left is the belly pan skid plate and mounts. My problem is I cant seem to get the belly pan to push up far enough to sit flush against the frame.

This was going to be a weekend project but life and work got in the way and now has been sitting over the last few months in spare time. Unfortnately my garage is cluttered and the trans mounts and torque arm and such have gotten mixed together.

Does anyone have a picture of the correct trans mounts, torque arm, belly pan and spacers etc for the automatic trans set up? (an install write up would be great too). I may have used the wrong mount pieces for the belly pan/ trans mounting.

I have two of the trans mount brackets to choose from, I think they are called torque stud or torque arms, might be wrong.. either way, one was much flatter and the other had a two or so inch rise to it. I had it in my notes to use the the taller mount but not sure if that it is right after I installed it. when I try and install the belly pan I seem to be a few inches low now.

Im done working on it for the day but wanted to ask for pictures before I lower everything and try the other mounts. I have another jack coming tomorrow and will try to lift the trans a little more but I dont want to force anything.

Thanks again Jeep Pros...

rksnow1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 04:39 AM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i can grab a pic this afternoon, after work.
Unread 08-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #3
rksnow1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Superj, Thanks I would really appreciate it!
rksnow1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
tf999 , tranny mount , transfer case skid , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.