Yj tcase and axles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Yj tcase and axles

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
codyyj93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yj tcase and axles

I'm doing a dana 60 rear axle and dana 44 front axle both out of a ford. Let's say I'm going to run a 4.10 or 4.56 gear ratio. Do I need to do anything with my np231 tcase or transmission besides new shafts and sye???

codyyj93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

You may want to cap-off the vacuum disco stuff coming from the tcase since you won't be using it anymore. You may want to swap in a different speedometer gear to help offset the different ratio & tire size you are going for.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
codyyj93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard
You may want to cap-off the vacuum disco stuff coming from the tcase since you won't be using it anymore. You may want to swap in a different speedometer gear to help offset the different ratio & tire size you are going for.
Awesome I have heard about the vacuum capping but the speedometer gear just adjusts so you can see how fast your going or am I way off?
Unread 08-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

You'll have to purhase a new speedometer gear or just use Kentucky windage based on a GPS reading. As for the vacuum capping, here's a little reading.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...80/?highlight=

Hope you don't mind that I moved your thread, I thought it would get more hits here.
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
codyyj93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
You'll have to purhase a new speedometer gear or just use Kentucky windage based on a GPS reading. As for the vacuum capping, here's a little reading.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...80/?highlight=

Hope you don't mind that I moved your thread, I thought it would get more hits here.
No problem thank you!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.