yj tbi conversion howell wiring harness - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > yj tbi conversion howell wiring harness

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 02-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
weeds94yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

yj tbi conversion howell wiring harness

i recently took the 4.0 with a blown head and main bearing shot out of my 94 yj and am in the process of putting in a 350tbi/700r4/np241 in i just ordered a howell tbi wiring harness wondering if anyone had any tips when installing this harness

weeds94yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum.

There are a bunch of post on the Howell setup. Most on the 4.2L conversion but it should be essentially the same.
Google is your friend. I am not familar with the swap but if you use google you can find a bunch of info on it.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...oogle-1003734/
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
weeds94yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for the info i also just thought about can i take the fuel tank out of my 88 suburban and put it right into the jeep or at least the fuel pump
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

No, there isn't any reason too. The stock fuel pump is regulated down but puts out 60psi minimum. It should be more then enough pressure for your swap.
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #5
weeds94yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

but i will need to put a regulator in right 60psi if to much for tbi from what ive read
Unread 02-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #6
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, you will need to regulate it to whatever pressure you need but the pump, tank, sending unit and the fuel guage can stay and save you a lot of hassel and $$$$$. The TBI is one injector and usually rated at 15psi. I don't know where you are getting the 350tbi but make sure that there isn't a regulator already there. Our TBI setup on the YJ has the regulator on the TBI on the 87-90. You might be able to just bolt up the lines if you are lucky!
Unread 02-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #7
weeds94yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

the motor is out of a 88 suburban and as i was working under the jeep today i noticed all the steel that holds the body mounts is rusted out so i just got done taking the whole body off of the chassis is there anything else i should do when i have it taken down this far
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:49 AM   #8
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

If you have that much rust by the mounts you need to check the entire frame especially by the steering gear box and the shackles. The frames rust from the inside out.
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #9
weeds94yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

ya my frame was rusted out were the skid plate and the rear crossmember were other than that looks good just have to do a little welding on her
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #10
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

All these welder on the forum and noone by me! Good luck. Do a build thread and take some pics. It sounds like you have a lot of stuff to add to the forum.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.