YJ tailight conversion: US to European - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ tailight conversion: US to European

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 09-09-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
Aship
1994 YJ Wrangler 

YJ tailight conversion: US to European

Brought my 94 Wrangler to France with me and have to conform to Euro standards. I've bought the Euro tail-light clusters from Morris 4x4 with the wiring adaptor but cannot figure out where the adaptor fits or, assuming it doesn't, how to modify the US wiring (2 bulb multi purpose stoplight, light and indicator) to the Euro 3 bulb (separate indicator) cluster? I'm getting a little desperate to say the least!

Aship is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Moved to YJ Forum.

The forum you posted in (JeepForum Announcements & Comments) is for help with and questions about the forum.
Wheelin98TJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

If I recall correctly, the American setup is a 3 wire setup, one for running, one for reverse, and one for brake/turn. The brake/turn is in the same wire, you will need to trace back through the harness and isolate the brake lamp wiring, and the turn signal wiring. Somewhere up under the dash they tie into each other. Otherwise, the brake lamp will always be the turn signal lamp.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aship View Post
Brought my 94 Wrangler to France with me and have to conform to Euro standards. I've bought the Euro tail-light clusters from Morris 4x4 with the wiring adaptor but cannot figure out where the adaptor fits or, assuming it doesn't, how to modify the US wiring (2 bulb multi purpose stoplight, light and indicator) to the Euro 3 bulb (separate indicator) cluster? I'm getting a little desperate to say the least!
Here you go;

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.