YJ stock wb leaf spring plates work as shock mounts f&r? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ stock wb leaf spring plates work as shock mounts f&r?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJeep Tweaks at JeepHutSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 04-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
bigredjeep1

YJ stock wb leaf spring plates work as shock mounts f&r?

YJ stock wheel base leaf spring plates work as shock mounts front and rear?

I have a 95' 4.0L 5 spd 1 ton YJ with stock wheelbase spring over and was wondering if I could use some CJ plates that have a sway bar and shock mount and front YJ or the dual stub CJ plates in the back and run my shocks off the plates and have the shocks line up in the stock location with the upper mounts front and/or rear? I bought this awesome Jeep and I am not a welder and thought that by having the shock mounted on the spring plates with the spring over that I can run a cheaper and better road friendly shock and also would save me $ from needing to weld shock mounts onto the dana 60 axles.
I'm sure this have been done. I was thinking about getting some YJ or CJ leaf spring plates and mounting them even on top of my current super strong plates on the Jeep now since my u-bolts are pointed up "U" and have plenty of thead past the plates on it now.

Also need a complete exhaust but that is another discussion as to what header, or keep it stock manifold/header with acordian area, 2.5" pipe high flow cat with Flowmaster 40 series bobbed so as not to extent past stock skid plate belly pan.

Thanks for the advice in advance! I love YJs and have owned about a dozen but want to get this beast on the road asap and need to finish up the exhaust and shock issus and a few odds and ends.

bigredjeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have seen it but is that mounting location conducive to getting the most out of your shocks? Should you consider mounting them mid tube to get a little more travel?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.