YJ Stalls Alot - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Stalls Alot

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-16-2001, 12:13 AM   #1
ncmts

YJ Stalls Alot

I rebuilt the carb on my 90 YJ and it stalls even more than before. I have experimented with the idle mixture screws and it runs great at high speeds. But when I put it in gear (automatic) and come to a stoplight, it tends to start running rough and stalls at times. This is in spite of having the idle speed set to about 1000 RPM when out of gear. Anybody know what's going on here? It also stalls alot when going up a hill off-road.

Thanks a bunch,

ncmts

ncmts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2001, 10:03 AM   #2
dartboy

Did you try replacing the gasket underneath the carb. Mine had the same problems as yours and that fixed it. The gasket was worn too bad and sucking air in around it. Work great when I was driving but when I slowed down or came to a stop it would shuit off on me.
dartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2001, 01:48 PM   #3
ncmts

Thanks for the reply.. Yep, I replaced that gasket too. I had to rebuild the carb because the accelator pump was not working. It runs great most of the time but occasionally at idle, in gear it will die. Also on a steep incline if off road.

ncmts
ncmts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2001, 05:54 PM   #4
dartboy

Did you try any carb or fuel line cleaners...might help.
dartboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.