Yj Soft Uppers... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Yj Soft Uppers...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #1
poppatello
1984 CJ7 

Yj Soft Uppers...

I bought and installed an early Yj OEM style soft top that is a Bestop. I got soft doors with it but the uppers aren't the correct ones. I went to take a picture this evening to post up for sale a realized I have the correct uppers without the metal inserts. The correct uppers are Velcro, but the original are sowed. What do I do here? Cut the old other one off and velcro the correct one on? Seems like it would but I don't want to destroy them. Also, the metal rod is curved at the top on the current upper. Do I need the correct metal rods for the square upper corner???

Paved Roads
A Fine Example of Needless Government Spending
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker View Post

Sometimes it a good idea to pull a vacuum hose before the wife rides in it--you can tell her you need a new ____ and once you get your new ____ you can reconnect the hose. :)

84 Cj 7 w/ 4-Banger, 4.5" BDS lift, 1/2 Trans Drop, Twin Stick, 32" Tire, Front Aussie Locker, No Sound System Yet, No Armor, Warn 8274 Not Installed, Webber Carb Upgrade, Luckycheese Ing. Upgrade...
poppatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #2
poppatello
1984 CJ7 

I couldn't add pictures as the size are too big. Here is a link to another post on my club site with pictures...

http://www.njjeep.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22774

Paved Roads
Quote:

Sometimes it a good idea to pull a vacuum hose before the wife rides in it--you can tell her you need a new ____ and once you get your new ____ you can reconnect the hose. :)

84 Cj 7 w/ 4-Banger, 4.5" BDS lift, 1/2 Trans Drop, Twin Stick, 32" Tire, Front Aussie Locker, No Sound System Yet, No Armor, Warn 8274 Not Installed, Webber Carb Upgrade, Luckycheese Ing. Upgrade...
Unread 04-22-2014, 10:04 PM   #3
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Link needs a login to access.... use photobucket or something else to add the pics...

KCCO
jaycal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2014, 10:11 PM   #4
whiteyj1994
1994 YJ Wrangler 

you need the correct metal frame. then you use the velcro to attach the skin. BTW I had to sign up for NJJA to see your pictures.
Unread 04-22-2014, 10:25 PM   #5
stenyeart

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteyj1994 View Post
you need the correct metal frame. then you use the velcro to attach the skin. BTW I had to sign up for NJJA to see your pictures.
X2

The uppers with the frame (rounded corner) are Supertop style. The replacements that came with your top are OEM style. You either need to buy OEM style frames or return the top and get the supertop.
stenyeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2014, 10:56 PM   #6
poppatello
1984 CJ7 

Ok, that's what I thought. Thank you...

Paved Roads
Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.