YJ Shifter boot - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Shifter boot

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 07-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
alexs93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

YJ Shifter boot

I just took a trip up to my family's property in Mt. Storm WV and I am going to be going again in a week.

Long story short it's a 4 hour drive and the shifter boot has a tear in the passenger/front side so when I am in 4th gear (I am quite a bit getting up the mountain) HOT air gets blown in on the lady's legs and she gets upset, which is understandable. Does anyone have a link to replacement boots for a manual boot (OEM replacement or better).

Before I get bashed for "not searching" I looked on ebay, the forum, and google to find one and all I can find is used ones. Any help? Thanks.

P.S. if you are in that area let me know and maybe we can wheel a little bit?? Thanks

alexs93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
alexs93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Oh and the tub is raptor lined so I know I am not going to be able to get her side nice and chilly, I just want to be able to stop her crying lol. I mean the driver side gets warm but not HOT like her side is when I am in 4th gear.
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexs93
Oh and the tub is raptor lined so I know I am not going to be able to get her side nice and chilly, I just want to be able to stop her crying lol. I mean the driver side gets warm but not HOT like her side is when I am in 4th gear.
Redlinegoods.com makes custom Italian leather boots for our yjs and many other vehicles. U pick the sticking the color, etc...I have one on mine and I love it, makes shifting smooth as butter and looks way better. They used to be a vendor on here, not sure if they r nemore. Costs around 70 bucs I think when I ordered mine, it's held up just fine. I'm rather impressed that I haven't had ne issues with it, leather is good quality too.
PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
alexs93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I was looking at a thread on here awhile ago about those italian leather boots and that's a bit flashy for me. It wouldn't really go with my YJ either. Thats why I was looking for just a plain old rubber shifter.
Unread 07-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #5
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexs93
I was looking at a thread on here awhile ago about those italian leather boots and that's a bit flashy for me. It wouldn't really go with my YJ either. Thats why I was looking for just a plain old rubber shifter.
I like the rubber ones as well. And I am having a hell of a time finding them (inner and outer). I have a rip and it hits my leg perfectly and it's either hot or cold. My inner boot is torn as well. If you find them, please post where.

Sent from my iPhone, probably because I am bored at work.
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
bowtech
1992 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/outer-s...transfer-case- 53004539.html

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/inner-s...transfer-case- 53005554.html

Here are the inner and outer shifter boots that I used on my YJ. They work great.
bowtech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #7
UZI4U
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I got a used set from egay for ~$50 shipped. The first set I was sent was crap. I got in touch with them and they made it right. It was some Jeep specialty place out of PA IIRC.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.