YJ SEAT SWAP(Need new risers) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ SEAT SWAP(Need new risers)

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 12-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #16
heffay
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
It just meant it looked like a lot of work. I suppose it looked that way because I didn't realize you were just chopping an existing riser, that's not a stock riser btw.
I believe, after some research, they are the stationary type brackets from 76-86 CJs. They are definitely factory pieces.

Last edited by heffay; 12-21-2013 at 08:13 AM..
heffay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #17
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ4LIFE View Post
my next project is lowering my seats with the stock tilt mechanism. I started it but got sidetracked with the EFI swap. its doable. grinding off those swagged pins in a pain. I tried drilling one out but it didn't work so well.

Try a good quality cobalt bit (not the big-box brand name, the element cobalt) to drill hardened metals. Works good. Get good ones- hardware store mass-market cobalt drill bits don't last any longer than really good HSS bits.
Unread 12-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #18
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goob View Post
I didnt know yj's didnt have tilt. mine does. wish i had the fold up seat on driver side though
Up to '90 both sides had tilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffay View Post
I believe, after some research, they are the stationary type brackets from 76-86 CJs. They are definitely factory pieces.
That would make sense if they're CJ brackets.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #19
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

My 76 cj5 has brackets that are the same as my 87 brackets. Well, look the same but probably dont bolt in.
Unread 12-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #20
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
Up to '90 both sides had tilt...
That is good to know! I will have to make sure to switch that from my '89 winter beater to my '91 'keeper' project. I would hate to not tilt the seat... THANKS

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.