YJ Quick and Easy Mods - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Quick and Easy Mods

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-03-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
mannyzjallday96
1994 YJ Wrangler 

YJ Quick and Easy Mods

Hey guys i'm new to JF and I just bought a YJ:
What are some easy modifications to your YJ that make yours stand out from the rest, make yours THAT much better, and make things a little more practical?

Rules: 1. list the year of your vehicle
2. try to post pictures

much appreciated
Manny

mannyzjallday96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well it all depends on your budget. One nice thing I did early on was change out the console to a Tuffy. And a place to mount your CB or Radio that keeps it safe.

Now if you if have more of a budget, this is a nicer upgrade.

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 11:47 PM   #3
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

^
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 01:46 AM   #4
mazyj
1991 YJ Wrangler 

the first thing you can do is take off your track bars and sway bars, they aren't needed on YJ's and it will ride much better
Unread 05-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #5
WakeDoctor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyzjallday96 View Post
Hey guys i'm new to JF and I just bought a YJ:
What are some easy modifications to your YJ that make yours stand out from the rest, make yours THAT much better, and make things a little more practical?

Rules: 1. list the year of your vehicle
2. try to post pictures

much appreciated
Manny
There is a whole section dedicated to cheap and easy fixes on this forum. The search function will help out as well for other questions. Also, fill out your profile. You ask the year of our stuff and we need to know the year and specifics to yours as well.

Just some pointers, have fun with the YJ.
WakeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 07:55 AM   #6
jpdiso
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Definitely lose the track bars and sway bar. Cheap, easy and what an improvement.

Sent from my Incredible using JeepForum
jpdiso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 07:57 AM   #7
CopperHead_Road
1995 YJ Wrangler 

First welcome aboard!

I agree with the poster above. Also search for the YJ gas tank mod. You can make you 15gal tank a 20gal tank in about 30-minutes. It is nice when I am out in the mountains not worrying about needing a to find a gas station as often.

Be Safe,

CH_R

Tags
lift , pictures , technical , tires , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.