YJ owner needs help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ owner needs help

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-14-2010, 01:06 AM   #1
19944x4yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

YJ owner needs help

I have a 94 yj. I thought and thought on a spring over but...not yet. So, i am doing a one inch body lift mainly to replace the mounts but for my suspension i need help. Im deffinalt going with 4 inch longer leafs but i need your oppinion.... Rough country or Rustys offroad?? Please help me

Unread 06-14-2010, 01:14 AM   #2
ImpactFabWorks
1990 YJ Wrangler 

If your willing to spend some cash BDS is the way to go. Do you still plan to do a spring over? How much do you wheel? and how hard do you wheel? If you just want to look cool then go with a cheap lift. If you want performance then wait and save for something good

www.Impact-FabWorks.com

Impact-FabWorks Facebook

Please fill out your profile, It helps us help you!!!
ImpactFabWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 01:23 AM   #3
19944x4yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

It is my daily driver and i have never actually wheeled. My suspension is shot dude. The old man i bought my rig off of decided to put 31s under worn out leafs. Me, my girlfriend, and a speed bump, its like crawling a rock. (Front) up over (back) up, boom. Bump stop. Me yelling, lol. I might due a spring over but i just want leafs for now. I was thinking down the line when i have some cash a spring over done with my longer leafs, maybe some 40s but that would be well after i get leafs, a soft top, and a 4.0 swap. haha
Unread 06-14-2010, 01:30 AM   #4
ImpactFabWorks
1990 YJ Wrangler 

rough country has said they changed where their springs are made. I still hear a lot of people saying they still sag. I really have no input on rusty's, I don't know anybody with one. I would just look into BDS and old man emu. They both cost a couple hundred more, but it is well worth the money

www.Impact-FabWorks.com

Impact-FabWorks Facebook

Please fill out your profile, It helps us help you!!!
ImpactFabWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #5
schwebel
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Like said OME and BDS. If you plan on doing spring over in the future get the OME 2.5 inch lift springs, you'll be able to reuse them for your SOA. Plus if you went 4inch lift with 1 inch body still on 31's you probally wouldn't be happy. Even though there are alot of people who are happy on here with RC springs, there are also those who are very unhappy. I have yet to read a negative post about OME and BDS. Also if you haven't removed your trac bars yet, get rid of those things, best free mod I ever did and really softened up the ride.
schwebel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift kits

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.