Is yj ome 2.5" installation correct? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Is yj ome 2.5" installation correct?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
JEDPAGE
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Is yj ome 2.5" installation correct?

So just picked up my YJ from the shop with a NEW OME 2.5 Suspension system installed but it seems that it's not level. The rear is higher than the front and I noticed that the're 4 leaves in the front and five leaves in the back.

Was this installed done correctly?

Thanks for your help.

JEDPAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
sprowley
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Depends on what duty springs you have in the rear. Heavy duty springs with no or soft top will do that because they're meant for heavier loads, so unloaded they'll arch more. Load it down with a seat, some gear and a hard top and it will probably level out.

97 TJ Sport black on black with MT/R Kevlars and lots of new parts coming!

Canon EOS-1D Mark III, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon EF 17-35/2.8L USM, Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX USM

My Fuelly page (fuel economy and usage tracking)
sprowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #3
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

First welcome to the site. Second what engine do you have.

Please fill out your profile.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.

Last edited by dodger889; 06-10-2010 at 04:22 AM..
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #4
CALWATERBOY
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEDPAGE View Post
So just picked up my YJ from the shop with a NEW OME 2.5 Suspension system installed but it seems that it's not level. The rear is higher than the front and I noticed that the're 4 leaves in the front and five leaves in the back.

Soooooo, how's she ride?
CALWATERBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 05:06 AM   #5
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Was this installed done correctly?

Thanks for your help.
Mine may be slightly higher in the rear (heavy duty both ends) because there's much less weight back there. I loaded 4 transfer cases back there one day and it leveled out nicely not to mention the smooth ride!

If you run a soft top or no top with little/no gear in the back the rear will always be slightly higher.

Also, welcome to the forum! Please fill out your Jeep's profile

Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan16 View Post
The 4banger only whines because it wants more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 07:13 AM   #6
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

ditto. ^^^

I put heavy duty on all 4 corners and after adding a heavy winch bumper in front and a tire swing with a 35 in the back along with 2 jerry cans it leveled right out and rides great. more flex than I know what to do with.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #7
JEDPAGE
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Guess It's Right

Thanks for the replies. After further research I've determined it was done right. It's got CS014F in the front and CS036R in the rear. It'd seem that you'd want another leave up front with the weight of the engine.

The ride is great much better than the worn out stock that I had. Well worth the money.
JEDPAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 09:04 AM   #8
CALWATERBOY
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. After further research I've determined it was done right. It's got CS014F in the front and CS036R in the rear. It'd seem that you'd want another leave up front with the weight of the engine.

The ride is great much better than the worn out stock that I had. Well worth the money.
Thx for the feedback!

Mine arrives in a couple o'weeks....
CALWATERBOY is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.