YJ Newbie With No Mechanical Experience. HELP! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Newbie With No Mechanical Experience. HELP!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 12-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #16
Broni1
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rproject View Post
BlackGallagher. Send me an email to cgebs69@gmail.com with your email info and I'll open a link for you to download the factory service manual and parts manual for the 87-88 Wranglers. It'll make the Haynes/Chiltons look like a kid's coloring book.
Hey man is there any way I can do the same I would really enjoy having those on hand! Thanks alot in advance!

Broni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #17
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broni1 View Post
Hey man is there any way I can do the same I would really enjoy having those on hand! Thanks alot in advance!
It's an open invitation. Send the email, I'll open the link to download the PDF's. The manual is only for the 87-88 model years.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #18
maxthegi
1994 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...y-here-451154/

Just found this link on here. Spent some time reading it. One of the best things I have seen on this forum. Really helped me as I am new to jeeps. Hope it helps.

John
maxthegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #19
BlackGallagher
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpete123 View Post
I will second...or possibly third at this point the club thing. Where are you located? Maybe i can recommend a good club. A\
I live in Reading, PA. About an hour and a half away from Philly.
BlackGallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #20
BlackGallagher
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, just wanted to give you all an update on the YJ. I changed the spark plugs yesterday with good old Champion coppers. Started right up just like it's supposed to. Although, the Duralast plug wires I bought just would not fit on the distributor cap. They were way too small. So I ended up using the plugs already on, which were still in good condition.

Then later that night while driving home from work, the RPMs started going wild while in neutral/idling. RPMs range from 1600-2200 while idling now. Any ideas on what is wrong or how to fix it? I'm thinking I might have to bite the bullet and take it to a shop

And again, thanks for all the help and advice everyone. Should be no time until the YJ is running like new!
BlackGallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #21
89YJBuilder
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I had to replace the ISA motor on my '89 2.5l. Don't know for sure but I believe the stepper motor on your 4.2l does the same thing. You might look into it.
89YJBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.