YJ Muffler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Muffler

Huge Soft top SaleAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 09-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

YJ Muffler

hey 4cyl guys, what aftermarket muffler are you running? i need to do a new catback since mine just rusted out. im looking for something not too loud but a better sound than stock.

i was thinking flowmaster 50?

SurferJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Flowmaster 50, and Dynomax Super Turbo will be a little louder then stock.

This was my 95 YJ with a 2.5 it had a FM40 strait piped ( Someone stole my Cat the day before a wheeling trip so I replaced it with a pipe until I got my hiflow cat )

Unread 09-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
debord97
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I don't have a 4cyl but I like to keep mine as quite as possible so I can hear when something starts messing up that I wouldn't with a louder muffler
debord97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #4
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by debord97
I don't have a 4cyl but I like to keep mine as quite as possible so I can hear when something starts messing up that I wouldn't with a louder muffler
I just think some vehicles deserve a Loud exhaust and some don't. My 4cyl jeep does not! Lol

I went with a flowmaster 50 series muffler, new stock cat and all new piping from just forward of the cat all the way back
SurferJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
Lostfedexman
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have a cat-back Heartthrob exhaust straight piped and I really like the sound. It is loud though
Colorado Jeep Club Member #4267
Lostfedexman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.