YJ Lifts (Again) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Lifts (Again)

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-30-2001, 02:44 PM   #1
wingnut

YJ Lifts (Again)

Recent post have been singing the praises of the Rough Country 3" lift. Based on previous posts I had been planning on installing a Rubicon Express 2.5" HD lift to fill my need for a mild lift that was trail worthy. While I can't argue with the RC price I was wondering how it compares with the RE HD, is the RE worth the extra money?

Also with either of the above lifts how much benefit would come from a shacle reversal set-up?

Unread 11-30-2001, 02:56 PM   #2
Bob K

I've been told first hand that it is an excellent mod. I heard this from a Jeep owner who installs suspension for a living. Expect to get a 2 1/2" lift out of the deal on the front unless they have changed the set-up. It's not a good thing if you're not expecting it, But getting a 2 1/2" lift and being able to use stock springs is the best of both worlds.
31" BFG A/T's
K&N Filter
Custom Rock Guards
Turbo Muffler
Rear Track Bar in the shed
Other Tricks I won't tell to just anybody!

'99 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8
Towing Package
K&N FIPK
ProComp MX6 shocks
Borla Exhaust
Tow Hooks
Alpine CD with Infinity+iPod connect
Just getting started!

If you're not living on the edge...
you're taking up too much space.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2001, 09:36 AM   #3
Brendan

I don't knowt that much about the reversal system, but I talked to a guy who had one, and threw it out, cause he didn't like it. I don't know why, but I'd do some research first. Maybe talk to that guy Bob K knows. There's nothing like an experts opinion.

95 YJ 2.5L 5 Speed

Fightin a war against Florida Rust!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.