yj lifts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > yj lifts

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
wranglertec

yj lifts

I'm new to the Yj,s. I'm coming from a well built Cherokee. I have read quite a few reviews here and on another Jeep forum. One brand name seems to coming up a lot is Rough county. Thoughts? Almost all were very positive. Also I found a kit online by Zone. Anyone have anything to say about them. Being from a Cherokee my experience is Teraflex, Rustys and Rubicon Express. Thanks.

wranglertec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

If all were positive they were paid endorsements.

Keep reading. Welcome to Yj tech.
Unread 04-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Rough Country is cheap.

You get what you pay for.
Unread 04-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglertec View Post
I'm new to the Yj,s. I'm coming from a well built Cherokee. I have read quite a few reviews here and on another Jeep forum. One brand name seems to coming up a lot is Rough county. Thoughts? Almost all were very positive. Also I found a kit online by Zone. Anyone have anything to say about them. Being from a Cherokee my experience is Teraflex, Rustys and Rubicon Express. Thanks.
RC=
Keep reading here. I bet for every one good review you find at least 20 bad ones. I know two YJ guys with them personally, one 4" lift has sagged to 3" and rides like sh*t and the other has sagged to a hair more than 2" and rides even worse. Save your money.

The consensus here is you have three options; BDS (quality springs with a no hassle lifetime warrenty!), Old Man Emu (only 1 option for the YJ, but amazing ride quality, tons of flex), or Rubicon Express. Anything else seems to have a cr*p load of problems.

Read, read, read
Use the search function

Good luck and welcome to the fun side!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #5
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Zone is not a bad company. I ran the yj RC lift before with their "new/improved spring" it still sagged bad esp. the front springs. I had 1" lift shackles and it still barely cleared my 33s. I recently replaced them with zone's new 4" yj springs and had them on about 4 months with no sagging. They flex great and ride very smooth right after installing. I wouldn't overlook them. I almost committed to bds to replace my rc springs btw.
Unread 04-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #6
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglertec View Post
I'm new to the Yj,s. I'm coming from a well built Cherokee. I have read quite a few reviews here and on another Jeep forum.
You should have stopped there.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.