YJ Lean - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Lean

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
NMYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

YJ Lean

So I got 93 yj with about a 1 inch lean on the driver side. (I weigh 200lbs) I bought it with a body lift. The front track bar is missing. Could that cause the lean?
Or could it be a worn leaf? Also what exactly does the track bar do anyway?

NMYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

My jeep has the same lean but I think mine is due to the sagging/bent body mount on the rear drivers side. Leave the front track bar off and take the rear off if it's not already. They are there to keep the lateral movement of the axles in check but that's what the leaf springs do so they aren't really needed. They have more use for coil springs.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

My CJ7 had a lean toward the drivers side after a number of years. I think it's because I was the only person in it most of the time. It bugged me so I rotated the springs and that took care of it.
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
NMYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks Louie4. I like the profile pick by the way!

Thanks chrisnvegas I'm planing on putting some boomerang drop shackles on it this weekend so I might swap the right and left leafs.
NMYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Mine has. 1/2 " lean at the right rear. Only driver so that could be it. The springs is war I mean. If they are original stock they may be done. The track bar

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #6
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Just to be safe. Check all your shackle hanger mounts (where the spring goes to shackle hanger too). I had a drop about an inch and it turned out the shackle hanger broke, but stayed in place until I jacked the jeep up to fix the mount.
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:47 PM   #7
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Push it over by hand.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.