YJ leaking, help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ leaking, help!

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 09-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
Jkandt86
1993 YJ Wrangler 

YJ leaking, help!

Ok so I have a problem. My jeep leaks serious amounts of water into the passenger side of the cab when it's raining. I've tracked it down to coming from somewhere between the firewall and heater box under the dash but can't seem to figure it out. I'm talking its leaving puddles on the floor which is ok since I rhino lined the whole thing but still.....standing water is not ideal. Can anyone help me out here?

Jkandt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Your cowl vent drain hose is plugged. Someone has a picture of it but it just needs to be cleaned out. Not a big deal really.
Unread 09-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Here is a pic look for the purple line passengers firewall.
cowl-vent-tube-2.gif

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
pbmustache
1993 YJ Wrangler 

My 93 sat for a two years and this really backed up. All I did was disconnect or and cleaned the hose out with a garden hose. Problem fixed!
pbmustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 05:51 AM   #5
Jkandt86
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks everyone! That solved it. Woulda never found that hose otherwise.
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #6
Jkandt86
1993 YJ Wrangler 

UPDATE: alright, first hard rain since I first posted. Cleaned out the vent line and pulled off the grate and cleaned the box out. Dirty but no blockage and it still leaks. There's a gap between the heater box and fire wall on passenger side juuuust big enough for me to fit my hand in between and that seems to be where the water is coming from. I'm thinking about shoving some weather stripping up there and see if that helps. Any thoughts?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.