Yj L shaped fuel line to filter - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 09-23-2017, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
yj_kid_91

Garage
Yj L shaped fuel line to filter

So I've searched around couldn't find anything. Dug on forums. Checked part numbers that are either discontinued or can't find anymore. So I tried searching molded fuel line. even was being specific on searches and added 5/16.

Couple months went by and I was on amazon and looked up fuel like. Just regular fuel like. Figured I'd re do it to the filter.
Then I tripped across it. I wanna say I paid all of 10 bucks for it. Might seem like alot to some but worth it. There's no way of getting around it but I digress.
It's a Briggs & Stratton fuel line same size the yjs use and its molded.all you gotta do it cut to desired size. I'll put the part number and what it looks like I just wanted to share for everyone out there.

Attached Thumbnails
15062152858491440490672_1506215350615.jpg   15062153643681752258455_1506215388056.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 09-24-2017, 06:57 AM
JeepJJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks!
post #3 of 16 Old 09-24-2017, 08:22 AM
shaggyjim
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Chrysler still stocks them. I just picked one up a month ago. I would guess that Briggs line is not pressure rated for 60 psi. Remember this will try and live one the pump side of the pressure feed right before a the slight restriction of the filter and see full pressure.

Jim...

"That's more fun than watching a hippie get mauled by a bear!"

post #4 of 16 Old 09-24-2017, 09:25 AM
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjim View Post
Chrysler still stocks them. I just picked one up a month ago. I would guess that Briggs line is not pressure rated for 60 psi. Remember this will try and live one the pump side of the pressure feed right before a the slight restriction of the filter and see full pressure.
Jim, do you remember what it cost? I bought mine from the dealer about 3 years ago. I think it was less than $6. And they had it in stock.

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
post #5 of 16 Old 09-24-2017, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
yj_kid_91

Garage
Quote:
They stock it for the yj? I've found a nylon L they had but I think they said it was a tj part
post #6 of 16 Old 09-24-2017, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
yj_kid_91

Garage
Forgot to mention it's braided like regular fuel line so I'd imagine it can withstand 60psi
post #7 of 16 Old 09-24-2017, 02:06 PM
shaggyjim
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
Jim, do you remember what it cost? I bought mine from the dealer about 3 years ago. I think it was less than $6. And they had it in stock.
Ya it was like $30 but the local Chrysler dealer sucks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_kid_91 View Post
They stock it for the yj? I've found a nylon L they had but I think they said it was a tj part
It wasn't in stock they had to order it in so it took a day to get it, but yes sir it was a OEM rubber fuel elbow for the yj. It has the larger opening for the fuel filter side and the smaller side for the hard line side.

Quote:
Forgot to mention it's braided like regular fuel line so I'd imagine it can withstand 60psi
Lots of fuel line has braid in it, that alone is a poor indicator of the ability of a fuel line, that is sold to use in a gravity feed applications ability to withstand the fuel pump for long. In this case I need to "know" that the line will hold up or all I will be able to "imagine" is a YJ burning to the ground.

Jim...

post #8 of 16 Old 09-24-2017, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
yj_kid_91

Garage
Quote:
Lots of fuel line has braid in it, that alone is a poor indicator of the ability of a fuel line, that is sold to use in a gravity feed applications ability to withstand the fuel pump for long. In this case I need to "know" that the line will hold up or all I will be able to "imagine" is a YJ burning to the ground.

That's a bad image. I'll have to call and ask them again. Do you remember the part number by any chance
post #9 of 16 Old 09-24-2017, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
yj_kid_91

Garage
Although 30 bucks it alot for a little piece. Ugh hate how it's a dealer item
post #10 of 16 Old 09-24-2017, 06:07 PM
shaggyjim
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That's a bad image. I'll have to call and ask them again. Do you remember the part number by any chance

I did some digging and found this part number.. 53004014 Then I found a place selling them and they look just like the one I installed last month. Its still $23 for the little bugger....

https://www.factorychryslerparts.com.../53004014.html

https://www.factorychryslerparts.com...driveLine=7400

Jim...

post #11 of 16 Old 09-25-2017, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
yj_kid_91

Garage
Does it matter if I have a straight 6? Just lists 2.5l
post #12 of 16 Old 09-25-2017, 08:05 PM
shaggyjim
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

It's for the 4.0 as well.

Jim...

post #13 of 16 Old 09-25-2017, 09:57 PM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

2005 LJ Wrangler 

OR

Cut the metal fuel line from the tank back 3 inches.
Flare the end of the metal fuel line.
Use a piece of FI 60 PSI rated fuel line long enough to make the connection without the bend.
NHfireLJ likes this.

91 YJ "Alice" 4.0L, AX-15, NP 231 Flange, Adams Driveshafts F/R, 2.5" OME 36Rs, 5/8" /f12 Booms, 32" Yoko ATs, 4.10 D30/35 AutoLockers F/R
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost"

Luck Favours The Prepared
post #14 of 16 Old 09-26-2017, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
yj_kid_91

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
OR

Cut the metal fuel line from the tank back 3 inches.
Flare the end of the metal fuel line.
Use a piece of FI 60 PSI rated fuel line long enough to make the connection without the bend.

I would but I got stainless fuel lines other than the vent line to the charcoal canister. Actually anyone know where to get one if those lines?
post #15 of 16 Old 09-26-2017, 09:29 AM
NHfireLJ
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I would but I got stainless fuel lines other than the vent line to the charcoal canister. Actually anyone know where to get one if those lines?
Those lines? Are you talking OEM hard fuel lines?

I have a full set, selling together...

AUDREY...95 YJ UNLIMITED

LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495 Build thread.
SOLD

BETTY...94 SE, Stroker 4.6, 4.5,lift,35"s,D30 Aussie, 8.8. SOLD

YJOTM FEB 2013

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.