YJ Hood Protector???? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Hood Protector????

Jeep Liberty Window RegulatorJeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Closed Thread
Unread 06-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #61
USMCBuckWild
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Holy butt hurt batman!! Some people need to relax and take a damned joke! If you are incapable of recognizing the comedic value and obscurity of ridiculous things like curb feelers on a Jeep, maybe you shouldn't venture out of mom's basement.

OP asked for opinions right? So, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you don't like my opinion; don't read it.

My Jeep has nice paint, which I just learned how to properly buff to a glorious shine. I will wax and polish it and keep it as nice as possible. But, if it gets dirty, scratched, chipped or stained; i'm not going to lose my marbles over it. For me, its just another vehicle. I understand the 'new paint job' mentality (I was like that wih my Duster) and I will never knock someone for it. Its your car, do what you want to it. But beware of asking someone else's opinion. You might not like what you get.

Unread 06-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #62
bcusstc
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wow this thread has just gone out of control...
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #63
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcusstc View Post
Wow this thread has just gone out of control...
Yeah, ain't it cool?
Unread 06-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #64
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
Seriously, Don? I would expect more from you than to back up your post with a Christian Slater movie reference. You have already set the bar higher than that years ago. I mean really, I don't even take Howie Long seriously when he's between James and Terry.
Unread 06-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #65
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Seriously, Don? I would expect more from you than to back up your post with a Christian Slater movie reference.
Are these better, 'The Matrix' or 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'?
Unread 06-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #66
geusey
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superj View Post
We aren't all here for the same thing and making dumb comments to people for not conforming to your stupid ideas is ignorant.

Having a jeep is something fun for some people. I cycle to and from work to save gas. Our family vehicle is a four door wrangler, to save gas. I park in the econo parking places at the mall, next to the Prius in our four door because that wrangler gets so much better mileage then my yj.

/\ if you are so worried about mods costing more then you can afford, per your profile, why don't you sell your yj and get a damn Prius. Punk
Lol, easy dude. I haven't even looked at my profile in years, I think it still says I live in Oregon. In fact, I think I'm going to update it right now. Thanks for reminding me.

"Holy butt hurt batman!!"
Unread 06-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #67
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

It's ok
Unread 06-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #68
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
Are these better, 'The Matrix' or 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'?
Harrison Ford quotes is speakah my language.
Unread 06-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #69
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Besides being a big Harrison Ford fan, when I lived in NY, my license plate was ....

... "welcome, to the real world"
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #70
jred
1994 YJ Wrangler 

To the OP, I don't think you said what color it is, OR posted pics. If you want us to help ya protect your paint, you gotta show us what we're working for!

What *I* would do in your situation is go talk to the local vanwrap people. You know, the guys who put the big vinyl logos on vehicles around town. Depending on the color, I'd see about getting a 3-4" "wrap" on the leading edge of my hood. I don't think I'd count on them matching the paint color, but if you look at Don's red jeep right up there, it'd look pretty decent if it had a black "wrap" on it. My jeep is the green/spice combo, but I still think black would match the bumpers. Maybe if you have white... white?

Seriously, though, I don't know why the vanwrap guys haven't come up with this idea yet. Seems almost perfect to me.
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #71
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jred
To the OP, I don't think you said what color it is, OR posted pics. If you want us to help ya protect your paint, you gotta show us what we're working for!

What *I* would do in your situation is go talk to the local vanwrap people. You know, the guys who put the big vinyl logos on vehicles around town. Depending on the color, I'd see about getting a 3-4" "wrap" on the leading edge of my hood. I don't think I'd count on them matching the paint color, but if you look at Don's red jeep right up there, it'd look pretty decent if it had a black "wrap" on it. My jeep is the green/spice combo, but I still think black would match the bumpers. Maybe if you have white... white?

Seriously, though, I don't know why the vanwrap guys haven't come up with this idea yet. Seems almost perfect to me.
The van wrap guys know that their wrap is only slightly more protective than the paint itself. A real road rock fired from the tread of a semi at 70 mph will tear through the wrap and the paint. There's a reason why the show-car guys rarely drive their cream puffs. I don't think the OP is going to not drive his jeep because he's spent 20k on pant and body, but I also am of the opinion that Sh*t Happens. No matter what you do, a daily driver will get it share of rock chips an dings. Nice paint? Ya. Spent some coin? Sure. Going to remain perfect because you put on an ugly az bug deflector? No way.

Sent by my pretentious iPhone.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35, Rock sliders, Monsta Daughter&Dad Project Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 Rock-Trac D44/44 lockers, 4" Currie Lift, 1" BL, 33s, hardtop
Unread 06-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #72
UZI4U
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Internet meltdowns make me happy.
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #73
MukYJ
Pronounced "Mucky J"

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Reminds me of the shirt I just got a few weeks ago:

Quote:
He's right, as soon as you remove the trackbar the fuel rail will arc on the battery, killing you and all the kittens in a ten mile radius.
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #74
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
... I take great care in painting every new piece of jeep I install.
Like that?!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by superj View Post
You sure don't.

I think that if a person wants to keep their paint nice, people ought to stop putting them down and making it seem like they are making a street racer. The guy wants his jeep to look nice. He is not sticking stupid stickers or dumb crap out it, he is trying to protect his paint he just paid a bunch for. It's totally understandable. Not all of us want a bunch of ugly lights and hooks and over sized fenders and winches that never get used on our jeeps. Some of us daily ours and don't go off road but we don't comment on some of the ugly crap people put on their jeeps in the name of "off roading".

I wish mine had nicer paint. I am not going to spend the money to paint it since I live less then half a mile from the ocean though because everything rusts away here, no matter what you do.
The above. This is "jeepforum" not "offroadpretendersforum." Im sure those who think a YJ should be one certain thing have been so creative as to install a 4" box lift kit and 33s on black steel wheels. Before they were "rock crawlers" they were literally called wagon wheels by Amercian Racing wheels.

Id wrap the nose or do the 3m stuff. you get to keep the paint and the lines.
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #75
Robob69
JEEPSR made to be Dirty!!

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Superj I hope the" punk" was not aimed at me. That might be a tad rude.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Closed Thread

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.