YJ Hood Protector???? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Hood Protector????

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Closed Thread
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #31
Robob69
JEEPSR made to be Dirty!!

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well Guys,.... The Boots are to Kick *** and the Hats are to Cover the dead persons face for respect.... Anything else? Girly shirts are just that,... Those are for the Girly girls to wear..

Unread 06-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #32
dtn8tr
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Lol..I wax mine about twice a year. I still have the original 1988 paint job that shines up nice. Nothing wrong with boots and hats! We're all just giving you a little crap in fun.

Most good stories start out "Y'all ain't gonna believe this ****...."
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #33
Robob69

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm good with it.... LOL... Just wanted to be clear is all.... I don't wear boots and I wear only a Baseball cap but it close to the same thing... LOL Y'all have a fun day!!
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #34
JeepAddOnsChris
Vendor
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I protected the paint on my hood by cutting it up and installing this.

Me too!

To Robob69, Auto Ventshade, EGR and Westin all make the part you're looking for. We carry all three, so feel free to give us a call.

Visit our site
http://jeepaddons.com
Like us on Facebook
http://facebook.com/jeepaddons
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #35
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

no boots here either.
Unread 06-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #36
alexs93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

When I painted and Raptor lined mine I actually taped off the leading edge of the hood and raptor lined that. Turned out good.
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #37
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am not a fan of the idea of adding a bug guard to the front of a YJ. It's tantamount to adding the thrush muffler cigar-smoking woodpecker decal, the JC Whitney flames decal, a self-stick fake hood scoop, and curb feelers in my book. But hey, bling that baby out with some 22s while you're at it.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #38
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

You just don't see curb feelers much anymore.
Unread 06-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #39
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

You sure don't.

I think that if a person wants to keep their paint nice, people ought to stop putting them down and making it seem like they are making a street racer. The guy wants his jeep to look nice. He is not sticking stupid stickers or dumb crap out it, he is trying to protect his paint he just paid a bunch for. It's totally understandable. Not all of us want a bunch of ugly lights and hooks and over sized fenders and winches that never get used on our jeeps. Some of us daily ours and don't go off road but we don't comment on some of the ugly crap people put on their jeeps in the name of "off roading".

I wish mine had nicer paint. I am not going to spend the money to paint it since I live less then half a mile from the ocean though because everything rusts away here, no matter what you do.
Unread 06-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #40
mudsweatNgearz
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superj View Post
You sure don't.

I think that if a person wants to keep their paint nice, people ought to stop putting them down and making it seem like they are making a street racer. The guy wants his jeep to look nice. He is not sticking stupid stickers or dumb crap out it, he is trying to protect his paint he just paid a bunch for. It's totally understandable. Not all of us want a bunch of ugly lights and hooks and over sized fenders and winches that never get used on our jeeps. Some of us daily ours and don't go off road but we don't comment on some of the ugly crap people put on their jeeps in the name of "off roading".

I wish mine had nicer paint. I am not going to spend the money to paint it since I live less then half a mile from the ocean though because everything rusts away here, no matter what you do.
Seriously we are just joking around....I am anyway. Nothing wrong with a clean jeep. Hell by now with what I have put into my jeep I could dam near have a new shiny one. But even a new fancy one would be even close to being as offroadable as what I have as many others on here....it is all a matter of preference.
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #41
HMFIC

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe this stuff. 3m spray on defender

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/lan...der-spray-film
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ra-review.html

Hav'nt tried it but it looks promising
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #42
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I wasn't joking when I said we all wish we had a nice paint job to protect. I take great care in painting every new piece of jeep I install.
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #43
mncdriver
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I work on a NASCAR race team, we use a nose guard on the front of the race cars, it protects during practice and qualifying. You have to have it looking good for race day! It is basically clear tint, just thicker. You should be able to get it at any good window tinting company.
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:50 AM   #44
Robob69

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I appreciate everyone's input. Yeah I am wanting my new paint that my boss did for me to stay looking nice for a while. I worked hard for that custom paint job. I do off road and I do go to the trails. Not as often as most but I still do and love it. But just because you own a jeep it does not mean it should look like you live in the jungle and totally scratched up. It will happen but why should I allow it right off the bat when my boss just poured over $2500 in a paint job.... Y'all can give crap all you want and it is cool... But she will look nice for a bit if it has to sit in the garage for a year. NOT! Lol
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #45
RustyNutts
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I still have original paint, the hood and cowls are oxidixed through the clear to expose the green and now that's halfway oxidized through.
I'm just going to knock off all the oxide layer so it doesn't look shatty, then rattle- can some clear for protection until I have the thing painted, if ever.

To each, his own.
Closed Thread

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.