YJ Heater Upgrade Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Heater Upgrade Question

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 01-16-2009, 01:46 AM   #1
Snipeston
1989 YJ Wrangler 

YJ Heater Upgrade Question

Looking at upgrading my blower motor in my 89 YJ. I have read all the write ups and several mention replacing the heater core while you are in there. What is the purpose and how much does it help? Do you use the Chevy Blazer on to match the blower motor?

Unread 01-16-2009, 04:06 AM   #2
Solus
1990 YJ Wrangler 

from what ive heard when you go in an order a wrangler blower motor it actually is the blazer motor. As far as the heater core goes. Its recommended that you replace it because chances are with an 89 its 23 years old. a new one should help the heat a little at least.
Solus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2009, 05:47 AM   #3
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Part number PM102 at napa, advance auto, etc. As said above, most of the places have already replaced the part number in their system to reflect the bigger blower.

The heater core can help alot. First off, it is full of years of crud. Second, a new clean core will transfer heat more efficiently and faster than an old gumed up one.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2009, 07:07 AM   #4
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

As for the core, you just get a stock Jeep replacement core.
DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.
If you're still confused click here to see how I view the forum.
Brandon_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #5
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

As mentioned the PM102 is the same for the Blazer and YJ now. I recommend people replace the core, because it's not very expensive and you're already in there. I didn't replace mine when I did the blower, then it went bad and started leaking a couple months later and had to pull all that out again.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.