YJ hardtop and TJ soft upper doors? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ hardtop and TJ soft upper doors?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-13-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
squibload
1990 YJ Wrangler 

YJ hardtop and TJ soft upper doors?

Hi all- Before you think that this is a "beating a dead horse" thread....

I keep wondering how the TJ soft upper and the YJ hard top shapes compare. I KNOW THAT THE REAR PIN LOCATION IS NOT THE SAME, as has been discussed 432,907 times on this forum alone.

Like many of you, I have a factory softtop and half doors (square top).

I also have a factory hardtop (round opening). I recently bought some CJ7 doors that I hoped would be to my liking. But making them fit is a pain in the neck, as I don't want to have to adjust the strikers & hinges twice a year. I'd really like to keep my half doors for spring/winter.

After reading the Length Envy thread --- specifically page 20 --- of this thread....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/l...0/index20.html I wondered:

Does anyone on this board have a set of TJ soft uppers and a YJ factory hardtop? If cutting/moving/rewelding the rear pin is the only obstacle, it may make sourcing a set of donor doors a bit easier?

Last edited by squibload; 01-13-2010 at 07:44 PM..
squibload is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 11:43 PM   #2
beermesf
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Did you ever find out if this works? I have been told by a reliable source that it will. I'm wondering myself now that I am about to source upper TJ doors.
beermesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 12:08 AM   #3
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beermesf View Post
Did you ever find out if this works? I have been told by a reliable source that it will. I'm wondering myself now that I am about to source upper TJ doors.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...rd-top-945300/

I'm running TJ uppers on my YJ with a YJ hard top.

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 12:13 AM   #4
beermesf
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Nice! Appreciate it.
beermesf is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.