YJ hardtop and TJ soft upper doors? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ hardtop and TJ soft upper doors?

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-13-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
squibload
1990 YJ Wrangler 

YJ hardtop and TJ soft upper doors?

Hi all- Before you think that this is a "beating a dead horse" thread....

I keep wondering how the TJ soft upper and the YJ hard top shapes compare. I KNOW THAT THE REAR PIN LOCATION IS NOT THE SAME, as has been discussed 432,907 times on this forum alone.

Like many of you, I have a factory softtop and half doors (square top).

I also have a factory hardtop (round opening). I recently bought some CJ7 doors that I hoped would be to my liking. But making them fit is a pain in the neck, as I don't want to have to adjust the strikers & hinges twice a year. I'd really like to keep my half doors for spring/winter.

After reading the Length Envy thread --- specifically page 20 --- of this thread....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/l...0/index20.html I wondered:

Does anyone on this board have a set of TJ soft uppers and a YJ factory hardtop? If cutting/moving/rewelding the rear pin is the only obstacle, it may make sourcing a set of donor doors a bit easier?

Last edited by squibload; 01-13-2010 at 08:44 PM..
squibload is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2010, 12:43 AM   #2
beermesf
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Did you ever find out if this works? I have been told by a reliable source that it will. I'm wondering myself now that I am about to source upper TJ doors.
beermesf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2010, 01:08 AM   #3
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beermesf View Post
Did you ever find out if this works? I have been told by a reliable source that it will. I'm wondering myself now that I am about to source upper TJ doors.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...rd-top-945300/

I'm running TJ uppers on my YJ with a YJ hard top.

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2010, 01:13 AM   #4
beermesf
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Nice! Appreciate it.
beermesf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.