yj hardtop fitment? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > yj hardtop fitment?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
52jimmy

yj hardtop fitment?

I Have a 1993 YJ with both soft and hardtop and am considering buying a newer jeep. Is it possible to make the YJ hardtop fit a later model? Considering a 2001 TJ. Will send the '93 hardtop with the '93 YJ if it can't be made to fit the newer Jeep but would keep it for winter use if it'll fit a newer Jeep (TJ model for instance). I'll bet this is a common question but am new here so please bear with. Thanks a bunch in advance.

Jimmy

52jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
ThomasYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Jimmy, welcome to jeepforum.

Your yj hardtop wont fit a tj. The attachment method was redesigned with the new model.

Of you look at the top of a tj windshield inside, you'll see there's two latch style clamps that secure the various tops to the windshield frame.
ThomasYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
52jimmy

OK--Thanks a bunch for the quick answer--I suspected about as much--my daughter will likely be the new owner of the YJ and will be able to use the top anyway if she even wants it--the TJ I'm looking at has only a soft top but I'd only use it in limited fashion anyway so would work fine for me. Thanks again.

Jimmy
52jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
ThomasYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

No problem. Glad your keeping the yj in the family.
ThomasYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52jimmy
OK--Thanks a bunch for the quick answer--I suspected about as much--my daughter will likely be the new owner of the YJ and will be able to use the top anyway if she even wants it--the TJ I'm looking at has only a soft top but I'd only use it in limited fashion anyway so would work fine for me. Thanks again.

Jimmy
you should get rid of the yj
ill take it off your hands for 500 bucks
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.