YJ grinding in all gears - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ grinding in all gears

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 11-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
Coloradoyj1
1995 YJ Wrangler 

YJ grinding in all gears

Hey guys have a 95 wrangler 4.0L with ax-15 and 144k on her. a little while ago she started grinding into third and you could feel a spinning sensation through the shifter. I stayed out of third for a little bit and then she started grinding in all gears. Even had a slight grinding noise while in neutral last time i started her but the noise went away while engaging the clutch.

I did crack the housing on the accelerate cable so i have been idling high at around 1200, the haynes "diagnostic" section said to check throttle cable adjustment for not being able to get into gear.

clutch through out etc changed 30K ago.

any tips would help!

Coloradoyj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Opihi59
from here it gets rough

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Make sure your hydraulic fluid is not low, look in the clutch master cyl reservoir. Chec your lube in your tranny, make sure it isn't low/dry/full of water. Look for tons of metal frags, gear or synchro in the fluid/bottom of the case. If all else is okay, time to do a rebuild on your AX 15 as if it isn't any of the other issues, your synchros are shot.

Fill out your PROFILE, and don't forget to look in the FAQ for writeups

I'm stuck on da Rock http://kamfamily.wordpress.com/2009/...waiian-limpet/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian4.2 View Post
We will be going Metric every inch of the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dog View Post
yes I'm a some guy and have always put gasket sealer on my surfaces before mating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virjeep View Post
You should go to Pirate. I hear they are real smart over there. You'd fit right in.
Opihi59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
Jeepsr4me

Check fluid in the MC and the trans it self...
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.