yj gets some coilovers - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > yj gets some coilovers

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 11-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #31
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

OK enough wesite debating back on topic..

Went to a friends shop tonight and did a little goofing around on the airjack. Sorry the pictures are dark and from my cellphone but you get an idea. Hopefully this sunday I'll get some decent action shots.

Unread 11-05-2010, 08:56 AM   #32
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Crap I forgot we still need to screw down those brake lines. I think if you drill through where the F250 towers were, there should be enough metal to tap it to 1/4-20 then bolt some rubber clamps down. I have plenty of them.

Also it looks like there's plenty of room on the frame between the shock and the panhard bracket to mount an air bump
1 ton yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #33
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

This is my short todo list:
DONE-remove my posilock
DONE-wire arb compressor
DONE-fix exhaust
DONE-fill the front axle
-alignment
DONE-bleed brakes again
-put the sliders back on
-get 6lug rear shafts and have the rotors drilled

After a long weekend working my list is getting alot smaller. I bought a hobart 140 welder (it is a great machine btw) to make my life easier and weld up my exhaust. Now that I actually have exhaust I took it for a decent ride around town hitting as many railroad crosings as possible. This thing soaks up the bumps amazingly on the road without any handling drawbacks. Next weekend I'll have it out in the woods.
Unread 11-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #34
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Took the heep out for a short trail ride afterwork today. It did great no more wheelhop and finally being completely locked up is amazing. The front suspension soaked up the bumps very well but the rear didnt fair aswell. I got a little crazy and ended up breaking the shaft in one of my rear bilstien 5100's. I havent liked those shocks since day one and it actually rides better with only one rear shock now go figure. So my goal in the am is to put my BBCS in the back to get it ready for some wheeling this weekend. I got a couple flex shocks on a rock to coilovers clear the framerails by almost 3/4" at full droop for those that asked.

Unread 11-27-2010, 08:13 AM   #35
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here's a couple pictures from the lasttime out it worked very well despite a ujoint cap walking out my front driveshaft yoke endeing my day. I've also been driving it on the street and it handles way better than before. Got a new list of todo's make new sliders, strap my brakelines down and fix a pita axle seal thats leaking.

Unread 11-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #36
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Filled up the front end and took it out this saturday. I'm getting pretty used to how it handles and climbs. Without front wheelhop it really climbs alot better I was doin things that wouldnt even try with my old set up. I did have a few casualties though, lost the air filter on my arb compressor from flying down a couple fireroads and a tree jumped out and bit my hardtop.
Unread 11-29-2010, 07:06 AM   #37
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

that thing needs a real cage now with real seats mounted to it.
Unread 12-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #38
offroad91yj
1991 YJ Wrangler 

great lookin jeep .if you dont care to say what was the cost of the build on the front end?
offroad91yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 08:29 AM   #39
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
great lookin jeep .if you dont care to say what was the cost of the build on the front end?
Thanks I've never really added it up.
Unread 12-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #40
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

So now that I'm happy with the front I'm realizing how bad the rearend actually works. The rear leafs are pushing the front around and are hardly move in comparision. The plan is to link the back in the spring we started measuring for brackets this past weekend. Plans are to push the rear back
2-3"s which means now I have to deal with the tank being in the way. Anyways here's a couple pictures from the last couple times out.

Unread 12-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #41
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

time to quit screwing around in your mom's backyard and get to some real trails aka raucsh to really see what it can do.

My truck and trailer are available since my rig isn't going anywhere until February. So no excuses about breaking 2 hours away and not being able to get home.

I'm just sayin'
Unread 12-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #42
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Once we fix the axle seal lets go.
Unread 02-10-2011, 09:32 PM   #43
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Updates:
Got around to tearing my front end apart to fix that axle seal and a bad seal housing. The seal was cake compared to the seal housing appearantly those dingo's from arb use metric tubing on the seal housing which makes it impossible to find a union in the US. I got the problem solved with the help of a local plumbing shop that had a piece of copper with a close enough ID to fit over the metric line. Then I just soldered on about a 6" peice as a union. I also fixed a decent crack in my frame from where my srs hanger was mounted.
Unread 02-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #44
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm the owner of a 6 lug 8.8 now courtesy of some dutchman axles. Here's a picture of how the stock 8.8 rotors drilled to 6 lug turned out.
Unread 03-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #45
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Stage 1 complete!!

stage 2 linking the rear shouldnt be to far off

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.