yj gets some coilovers - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > yj gets some coilovers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #16
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 ton yj View Post
Joe we're working on rig transport to the Hammers. Going out there right now depends on whether or not we can get the rigs out. If I do go again i'll be going out with zach v. again. The Hammers is a blast I hope we can make it out there again.
Excellent I hope it works out for all of you. I can understand your desire to bring your rigs out with ya' and be able to have some fun on the trails while you are here enjoying the race.

I'm working on the Film Transportation Crew again and will more than likely be doing some sort of work with the LCQ too.

Last year I drove ~90 miles of the race track ahead of everybody else (in my Jeep) on race day while transporting my camaraman. Talk about a blast! I'm sure there were some folks wondering "what the heck is this knucklehead doing on the track on race day? AND, he's in first place!"

Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #17
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyj94 View Post
-trick frame and axle brackets, shock hoops, tabs made by a local shop Hillside Customs

The amazing frame brackets that have a weld plate to completely enclose the framerail.
Do tell? Can you post (or PM me) the cost on those brackets? I could use 2 of those brackets on the right (left and right side or course) for a rear 4 link. They look similar to the polyperformance brackets but I like the full wrap idea.
bgredjeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #18
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

These are prototypes and are for the front, and will not work on the rear. The rears each need an upper, and they have to be triangulated. We have no yet designed rear brackets but that may happen soon.
1 ton yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 02:31 PM   #19
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Of course. The one w/ the upper mount looks similar to the Polyperf brackets like I mentioned. Upper would need to be turned in a bit more and the lower maybe out just a bit, but they look really close. Keep me in mind if something like that gets designed for the rear. I'd like to hear a price on them if they happen.
bgredjeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 06:01 PM   #20
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

We finished it up today, threw it on my trailer, hauled it back up home to NY and took it for a few hot laps around town.

The front soaks up everything perfectly, no noise, harshness or loose feeling. Before, it was harsh, made a ton of noise and felt like the axle was going to fall out from under it. All the brake dive from the shackle reversal is gone too. Overall it feels like a new truck. It's hard to explain how well it works right out of the box. It rides smoother than both of our Cherokees and smoother than any TJ I've ever ridden in.

All that's left now is Shawn has to take it all apart and paint it tomorrow while I'm out fishing, then during the week hook up the ARB compressor, reconnect the downpipe to the catalytic converter, and do an aligment. We might take it out in the woods next weekend.

Not even 10 minutes after backing it off the trailer and driving it around, he was already talking about linking up the rear in the spring
Unread 10-30-2010, 07:28 PM   #21
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like we are going to have a good time wheeling next month. Hey, now im looking for TJ front shafts
Edit: I broke another shaft today. Hope you enjoyed the beer
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #22
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Really do not want to be rude but I will ask anyway.
How much for parts?
Unread 10-31-2010, 06:58 AM   #23
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

go to hillsidecustoms.com and send an email
Unread 10-31-2010, 08:09 AM   #24
Dryseals
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice, my mind is thinking now. I've been wanting an older model for a tear up toy and keep my 2000 for the beach and daily driving. Inspirational is all I can say.
Dryseals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #25
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The first drive felt awesome despite no alignment and no exhaust. I've got to get that all buttoned up this week. I spent all day with the help of a friend taking it apart and painting everything.

This is my short todo list:
-remove my posilock
-wire arb compressor
-fix exhaust
-fill the front axle
-alignment
-bleed brakes again
-get 6lug rear shafts and have the rotors drilled

Quote:
Looks like we are going to have a good time wheeling next month. Hey, now im looking for TJ front shafts
Edit: I broke another shaft today. Hope you enjoyed the beer
Tj/xj shafts may help I'll keep my eyes open. Where do you keep breaking the shafts?
I was drinking it yesterday thanks!
Unread 11-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #26
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 ton yj View Post
go to hillsidecustoms.com and send an email
No such website.
Found you on facebook but not on the web.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #27
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger889 View Post
No such website.
Found you on facebook but not on the web.
I guess he never made a website. Try getting a hold of him through Facebook if that's what you found.
Unread 11-01-2010, 08:44 PM   #28
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No such website.
Found you on facebook but not on the web
I just googled hillside customs it came up for me. It's still under construction but the contact info is there. HILLSIDE CUSTOMS........................................... .................................................. ................
Unread 11-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #29
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyj94 View Post
I just googled hillside customs it came up for me. It's still under construction but the contact info is there. HILLSIDE CUSTOMS........................................... .................................................. ................
That is not what is posted. hillsidecustom.com does not come up with anythhng.

This might be their website yunit.net/hillside.
Those are two different websites.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 05:52 AM   #30
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

That's the same guy. He spends his time cutting out parts and building rigs not playing with silly web sites. Contact info is there, give the number a call.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.