Yj gas tank - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Yj gas tank

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
Mrjones
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yj gas tank

all right so i recently purchased a 92 from someone from up sate NewYork which of course means a lot of rust while i was doing some trail riding the skid plate bent backwards which caused my fuel tank to fall off it is now held on with ratchet straps. what do i need to do to replace the fuel tank skid plate and how hard is it to do?

Mrjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
DeTeR

tank mounts to skid, skid mounts to frame.
DeTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
scubamc
1991 YJ Wrangler 

What you will need will depend on how much damage you have. Are the mounting points for the skid to the frame rusted away?
Unread 12-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
Mrjones
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I took it to a local 4x4 shop was qouted 250 to fix it I hope that is all it will cost
Unread 12-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #5
Mark455SD
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I would change the fuel pump since you have the tank down already.
Mark455SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 04:20 AM   #6
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yes change the fuel pump while your at it. Order a free quadratec or jcwhitney catalog and buy a new.tank skid and as long as you have a decent socket set, a jack or a friend with a strong chest lol. put the tank on the skid then mount the skid to the frame. And the fuel pumps aren't that hard to do either. And if you do the pump, also do the filter. Its on the inside of the frame behind the drivers side seat under a little plate. Just follow the lines. I did a filter and pump for 90 bucks from Autozone. But if you just want to fix your tank, I suggest going online or go to a pick-a-part and get what.you need. Don't pay some dude 250 bones for that sh*t
[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 12:38 AM   #7
Mrjones
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well dangit I got yalls post to late I am going on pre deployement leave today so I was in a hurry to get my rig/baby fixrd so I payed 279 for a heavy duty skid plate to be installed but now that I know..... While I am ok n leave I am going to replace all said parts. Thank you for the advice it will be put to good use.
Unread 12-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #8
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjones View Post
Well dangit I got yalls post to late I am going on pre deployement leave today so I was in a hurry to get my rig/baby fixrd so I payed 279 for a heavy duty skid plate to be installed but now that I know..... While I am ok n leave I am going to replace all said parts. Thank you for the advice it will be put to good use.
We'll atleast its fixed lol you out at riley? Where you deploying too? I recently got back from RC South around Kandahar.
[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 10:27 PM   #9
Mrjones
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Im going to rc east zhari im w/ 82nd

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.