YJ fuel lines at gas tank - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ fuel lines at gas tank

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 06-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
Jtfirepro
1988 YJ Wrangler 

YJ fuel lines at gas tank

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[IMG][/IMG]

1988 jeep wrangler YJ

On the passenger side right behind the fender well was a part of the fuel line connected to metal fuel line, connected to a 3 way tee. This piece in question connects to a "bowl top looking" plastic device with a smaller hose (air line?) connected to it, I've looked in my chiltons manual and it's not there.

Does anyone know what it's for? The jeep is still running but leaks out gas now as that's how the part was found, the fuel line rotted off at the clamp to the device.

Adding to my anguish is the fact that Brock's car care, Friendswood Texas care just replaced my gas tank and valve cover gasket 3 weeks ago (600.00) as I was smelling gas, they said it was just a cracked tank, oh and when I went to pay, he charged and extra 75.00 because he said the fuel hoses had to be replaced, clearly they weren't because when I climbed under to find the rotted hose it was connected to 2 other rotting hoses heading toward the gas tank.

Please help, thanks

Last edited by Jtfirepro; 06-25-2011 at 04:45 PM..
Jtfirepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtfirepro View Post
1988 jeep wrangler YJ

On the passenger side right behind the fender well was a part of the fuel line connected to metal fuel line, connected to a 3 way tee. This piece in question connects to a "bowl top looking" plastic device with a smaller hose (air line?) connected to it, I've looked in my chiltons manual and it's not there.

Does anyone know what it's for? The jeep is still running but leaks out gas now as that's how the part was found, the fuel line rotted off at the clamp to the device.

Adding to my anguish is the fact that Brock's car care, Friendswood Texas care just replaced my gas tank and valve cover gasket 3 weeks ago (600.00) as I was smelling gas, they said it was just a cracked tank, oh and when I went to pay, he charged and extra 75.00 because he said the fuel hoses had to be replaced, clearly they weren't because when I climbed under to find the rotted hose it was connected to 2 other rotting hoses heading toward the gas tank.

Please help, thanks

I can't say I am familiar with the lines you are speaking of, but you definitely came to the right place! Someone will chime in with much more helpful info. BUT, that place sucks!!! I would take it back to them and tell them to make it right. Who knows if the tank was cracked or not now. I hate these places.
Unread 06-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
Jtfirepro
1988 YJ Wrangler 

They open Monday, at the very least, I will show them the rotted hoses that they "replaced" don't know how it will go about any kind of refund, for now I just want to get the parts needed to get on down the road. I guess I should post a picture of it tomorrow.

Thanks for the empathy
Jtfirepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:27 AM   #4
richy4fingers
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtfirepro View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[IMG][/IMG]

1988 jeep wrangler YJ

Please help, thanks
hiya id be realy grateful if you could let me know what part this is,as mine has broken same as yours
richy4fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:54 AM   #5
bwilson
1987 YJ Wrangler 

That part is a roll over valve
bwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:58 AM   #6
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwilson
That part is a roll over valve
Exactly.

What's broken on yours is the "rollover valve connector" which is the rubber part.

Here is where you can get a new one.

http://www.mtscompany.com/jeep.htm

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 05:32 AM   #7
richy4fingers
1987 YJ Wrangler 

you guys are "brilliant"....many thanks
Unread 05-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #8
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

Man Max is all over it I tell ya...

edit * Also bwilson got to give you the credit haha
Unread 05-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #9
87yjrad
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Man, I have dropped my tank 4-5 times and have never seen anything like that. in fact there is nothing in my fuel system that goes over to the passenger side. Is the 88 that different then the 87? Guess I better not roll over.
87yjrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #10
richy4fingers
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87yjrad View Post
Man, I have dropped my tank 4-5 times and have never seen anything like that. in fact there is nothing in my fuel system that goes over to the passenger side. Is the 88 that different then the 87? Guess I better not roll over.
try not too lol
Unread 05-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
94chb
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87yjrad View Post
Mine is a 89 and i dont have anything like that either.

all my lines and hoses go to driver side.
94chb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 06:46 AM   #12
1989 YJ Wrangler 

HI,
I have an '89 and it has the roll over valve. I replaced it 10 years ago. It is located behind the passenger side wheel.

Sparky
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 10:42 AM   #13
yj4bangr
1989 YJ Wrangler 

dude ive had the same problem nobody around dalton ga. where i live knew what this part was.thanks man now im on my way to order a new one.
Unread 07-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #14
90DesertTanYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post
Exactly.

What's broken on yours is the "rollover valve connector" which is the rubber part.

Here is where you can get a new one.

http://www.mtscompany.com/jeep.htm

Max

I gotta replace this missing stuff as well. Thanks for the link Max. I guess you gotta call for pricing or did I miss something?
90DesertTanYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel , gas , hose , tank

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.