yj fuel leakage after pop? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > yj fuel leakage after pop?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 05-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #1
88blkyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

yj fuel leakage after pop?

wheeling the other night...my buddy buries his cherokee and i go to pull him out. I hear a huge pop...my tranny mount was a little loose so I thought that was it. I check everything, and now I found a huge fuel leak. I am guessing the 88 yjs used electric fuel pumps? I am thinking this is what my leak is. It looks like the pumps( or whatever it is) housing cracked where a metal fuel line screws in that leads up to my carb. Any help? Also the thing is to the right of the distributor on passeneger side and is gold.

88blkyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2010, 08:40 AM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Mechanical fuel pump stock. Its a YJ so all bets are off as to what you have now. LOL
Does it have any electrical lines running into it? Pics are worth a thousand words. Even if the line came loose it woudnt explain the loud pop. The fuel pressure just isnt that high for the carbs. You could be converted to electric and what you are looking at is a pressure regulator.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
88blkyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

nevermind it is a mechanical pump. Should I conver it to an electric? And im thinking the pop was my bumper...I would reallly like to keep a mechanical on it but my friend is telling me to go electric. any thoughts?
Unread 05-16-2010, 06:05 AM   #4
MJMPC
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I would just go to a good parts store and get a replacement mech fuel pump. If it ran ok before with a mech pump I would stay with one.

http://www.dav.org/

MJM Powder Coating
Elizabethtown Ky.

http://www.cityprofile.com/
MJMPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
88blkyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I ended up staying with a mechanical pump. Thanks

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.