YJ- Fuel Injection - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ- Fuel Injection

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 07-13-2007, 09:03 PM   #1
nowlide
1987 YJ Wrangler 

YJ- Fuel Injection

I have a carberated 1987 YJ 6 cy. How can I make it fuel injected?

nowlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
learfxr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Search. There is a Mopar kit if you have money. There are other kits to modify the 4.2L or you can go all out and swap to a 4.0L or a Chevy 4.3L engine. I'm thinking REAL hard about the Chevy 4.3 swap. Just have to find a cheap Blazer to strip down.

00 TJ 8.8 swap, 35's and 4.88's
learfxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 09:16 PM   #3
goatboy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Loved my Mopar kit...as simple as it gets, although there's a LOTTA detail involved... expensive, but in my opinion, worth it, however, since I've never tried the Howell kit, it's not possible for me to compare the two...
goatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2007, 07:56 AM   #4
lfree6

I have the Howell TBI system on my 89, It realy makes it scoot now, so much more power. Its not that hard to put in if your handy and fun part was taking all the miles of vacum line and other emision control junk and tossing it in the trash
lfree6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.