Yj frame & mount swaps - Page 4 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 68 Old 05-22-2015, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
OrbisofVita
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckruzer View Post
I typed a nice reply for you and JF goes and 404s on my post. Oh well. Like Haskie said. Why buy a whole another pile? That ad for the 400 bone frame is awesome priced. The best looking one had those 10 bolts and you dont want those. That TJ - TJ tubs do not line up with YJ front. The whole body is different from the YJ era to the TJ. Prob why the guy is selling it, and you can see the front is not bolted in.
Yeah I saw it wasn't bolted on so I would salvage what I could from from my Jeep to put onto that Jeep and then buy a new grill and fenders. And the 10 bolt one I'd just drop the Axels and whatever else and put mine on it. I'm thinking of purchasing the whole roller as is if it's 750 that SOA kit sounds enticing I would just have to change the axels with mine I'm assuming since their alignments off or something.

Last edited by OrbisofVita; 05-22-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 68 Old 05-23-2015, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
OrbisofVita
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So, I've decided I'll be trying to work out what ever deal I can to get the whole frame I'm looking to give 600 for everything depending on the condition of the frame. Let me know what any of you guys think. For new guys to the thread heres the frame I'm talking about: http://battlecreek.craigslist.org/pts/5018135060.html
post #48 of 68 Old 05-23-2015, 07:44 PM
Shadownwpa
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
I would take the frame but not the rest. SOA and they kept the track bars?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/shadownwpa-91ish-yj-build-thread-1857154/

post #49 of 68 Old 05-24-2015, 06:55 AM
cKruzer
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbisofVita
So, I've decided I'll be trying to work out what ever deal I can to get the whole frame I'm looking to give 600 for everything depending on the condition of the frame. Let me know what any of you guys think. For new guys to the thread heres the frame I'm talking about: http://battlecreek.craigslist.org/pts/5018135060.html
Those are prob stock axles. No sense swapping yours in, just wait until you have your hands on some beefier axles to swap in. The welded locked rear would be a fun upgrade. Sounds like fun! Take advantage of everything being apart, sand all down and treat with por15 and hardened top coat. A good zinc primer would be good too

1987 YJ - Aka; SpeedBump.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Target: 5.3L; AX15; NP231; D44/D60; 4.88s; 36s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
הָיָה הָיָה הָיָה

YJOTM AUG '17
post #50 of 68 Old 05-24-2015, 10:20 AM
HaskiE
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbisofVita View Post
seeing as he listed he would sell just the frame for $400 I'd be all over that!!

get just the frame, sand it down paint/ repair any rust /etc. then start moving your components over...

1992 YJ 1"Body Lift, Slip Yoke Eliminator & CV Driveshaft,
2.5" TJ exhaust, WJ valve cover, XJ Computer, External Slave Cyl AX15,
Durango Steeringbox, No track or sway bars, CJ tailgate, on 31's :)
#theneverendingaxe
post #51 of 68 Old 05-24-2015, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
OrbisofVita
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The frames missing an engine mount. I can weld that on but do you think the SOA kit with it for 500 would be worth it? I don't think it had the steering arm with it but by the looks of it had the brake relocaters with it.
post #52 of 68 Old 05-24-2015, 10:50 PM
Shadownwpa
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Have you decided what your build will be? Before you go buying someone elses aborted project you might want to consider how big you want to go and what the jeep will be used for.

post #53 of 68 Old 05-25-2015, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
OrbisofVita
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The Jeep would be my DD but, I wanted to put at least 33's on it. I was looking at the SOA and saw it as my chance to get into one of my dream projects that i've had for it. I would do some offroading this summer and probably go up to the dunes but, i'd mainly drive it. Do you think it'd be worth it? Also, whatever I do I have until August to get it finished. I've already started taking photos of my entire jeep and where everything goes where so I know where everything goes back to.When it comes time to actually take it apart I'm going to make videos of everything I do and set them into folders so I know how to put it back on when I get there. Let me know what you think of all this guys. Is this a good plan? Or is it doomed to fail? I do although have a few buddies who have done a frameswap in a weekend that I can ask help for too.
post #54 of 68 Old 05-25-2015, 03:29 PM
fishadventure
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Sandwich ziplocs and a permanent marker are going to be more useful than videos imho.
If you have experienced people helping you its not that complicated.
I'd put all new brake lines on it while it's easy too.
SOA takes dollars and time and planning. I would do a SOA at the same time, but I can weld, fabricate, and I won't want or need videos to reassemble. Ymmv and I am not being or trying to be insulting but it sounds like at your current experience level you'd be far better off to make the frame swap a runner and do the more advanced SOA later after much planning.

Shackles and D-rings: different things!
Cranking IS turning over
post #55 of 68 Old 05-25-2015, 06:07 PM
cKruzer
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Personally, I do not care for the bolt on SOA kits

הָיָה הָיָה הָיָה

YJOTM AUG '17
post #56 of 68 Old 05-25-2015, 07:09 PM
Shadownwpa
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Soa with lift shackles seems like a bit much for a daily driver.

post #57 of 68 Old 05-26-2015, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
OrbisofVita
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Is it a gas killer? And yeah I kinda understand its almost like posing since I'm not hardcore yet.
post #58 of 68 Old 05-26-2015, 02:15 AM
cKruzer
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
lifts dont hurt mpg, unless we are all getting hypertechnical and doing the calculus for aerodynamics. The problem about a lift that hurts mpg is when we install bigger tires. Bigger tires means less mpg and a slower accl and brakes that wear out fast.

הָיָה הָיָה הָיָה

YJOTM AUG '17
post #59 of 68 Old 05-26-2015, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
OrbisofVita
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckruzer View Post
lifts dont hurt mpg, unless we are all getting hypertechnical and doing the calculus for aerodynamics. The problem about a lift that hurts mpg is when we install bigger tires. Bigger tires means less mpg and a slower accl and brakes that wear out fast.
Oh, dang thanks for your wisdom how do you think 33's would be?
post #60 of 68 Old 05-26-2015, 12:51 PM
cKruzer
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
I lost 5 going to 31x12.5

הָיָה הָיָה הָיָה

YJOTM AUG '17

Tags
frame swap , help needed , jeep yj , lift help , shock mount

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.