yj frame or cj7 frame? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > yj frame or cj7 frame?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
hifooy07
1992 YJ Wrangler 

yj frame or cj7 frame?

im starting to gather parts for a build but not sure what to do about frame. Game plan is cj7 fiberglass tub if i can find one, but not sure if i should try to buy cj7 or yj frame? i have mostly yj parts and living in rust belt i think fiberglass would be my best bet. thoughts on frame and best rust proofing solution? thanks.

hifooy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
crackedcornish
1988 YJ Wrangler 

unless you're going with an aftermarket frame like in this link, the YJ frame is stronger
http://www.throttledownkustoms.com/index.html

and why not go with an aluminum tub?
http://www.aqualu.com/
Orange Jeep Club #88

˙ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
crackedcornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
hifooy07
1992 YJ Wrangler 

fiberglass cj7 tubs show up all the time on craigslist. aluminum would be nice but im on a cheap build. so i guess ill try to find a clean yj frame then. what is stronger about it though?
hifooy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
GrantYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifooy07 View Post
fiberglass cj7 tubs show up all the time on craigslist. aluminum would be nice but im on a cheap build. so i guess ill try to find a clean yj frame then. what is stronger about it though?
Fully boxed frame front to back as well as the fact that it's wider. Basically just heavier all the way around. Also, since the springs are set further apart it's more stable.
“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.” ― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
GrantYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.