yj floor plug - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > yj floor plug

Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 11-27-2010, 04:11 AM   #1
Tongie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

yj floor plug

I'm prepping my 95 interior for line x. There is a big, approx 3 inch plug of some kind on each side (front floor) that looks like it's replaceable. On mine, the edges are curling up. Are these some kind of inspection ports and what are they called? I'd like to replace them before line x job. Are they as easy
to replace as the drain plugs that are all over the tub? They seem like they
have a center made of fiber or something.
Thanks for any help.

Tongie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 04:52 AM   #2
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

any pictures of them. Mine only had the 3/4" or so drain plugs in the floor.

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 05:35 AM   #3
Tongie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I can't post pics yet but if you scroll down to the bottom of this link, there
is a good pic of one.
Floor pans for a YJ - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Unread 11-27-2010, 06:16 AM   #4
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I think that is tack welded and sealed and not meant to be removed. Notice that on the replacement parts above in your thread link, there are no holes there, just better placed drain holes. I have no idea what those large holes may have been used for in the past. I just lined the tub over it.
Unread 11-27-2010, 06:29 AM   #5
Tongie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks, JeeperDon. Seems like they're a mystery. Mine are curling up on the edges and one edge is torn about an inch towards the center. I tried hammering them flat but they won't stay flat. Seems someone should know
what they are for and if they are replaceable. Im about ready to knock them out and put an aluminum patch over them. There must be a reason for them but I have scoured the interned, to no avail.

thanks for your help
Unread 04-03-2011, 07:01 PM   #6
UncleFishbits
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I know I am talking about something different.... but if you are talking about that large circle in the floor in that link posted above, those used to have rubber stoppers in them. I got my truck in 1995, and there were these pliable, really rubbery floor plugs. I took them out for snow bogging, so I could just let the water drain out. Promptly lost the plugs. Haven't had them in 12 years... and every time I try to buy new ones they are rigid plastic, hard as hell, and I can't hammer them into place.

But again, that's my story and I bet I am talking about some different part of that picture. I am fairly sure the big circle was simply for draining.... the days of yore when Wranglers didn't have welds to tie down kid's seats. Which is cute, of course. No I don't hate. I'll be there soon =)
UncleFishbits is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.