YJ Exhaust Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Exhaust Replacement

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
1995Moneypit
1995 YJ Wrangler 

YJ Exhaust Replacement

My first of many questions--go easy on me!

Just ordered complete exhaust system for 1995 yj 2.5--pacesetter header, all pipes, Dynomax Superturbo cat back. I'm a little nervous to tackle the manifold removal/header installation, but going to give it a Jeep owner's best effort to do it on my own.

Chilton guide says that you have to drain the radiator and it also says that the fuel supply and return pipes need to be disconnected. From what I've read in other forum posts, it doesn't sound like this is necessary. Could someone shed some light on the steps necessary to tackle this project. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind that some of the *&%# bolt heads are snapped off and I am going to have to extract these too.

1995Moneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
Jedidiah
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I just replaced the exhaust manifold on my YJ without draining the radiator. I don't see why that would be necessary.

I did have to disconnect the fuel rail and injectors but it was pretty easy.

Just follow the instructions that came with your parts and you shouldn't have a problem.

I don't have too much experience when it comes to auto mechanics and it was simple for me, so if you can follow directions go for it.

One thing that I did that made it easy was to put all the bolts and nuts in zip lock bags and label the bags where they came from.

I also used tape and marked the different hoses and lines so that I could easily identify where they went.

Trust me, if I can do it, then you can do it.
Jedidiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
simpkijd
2012 JK Wrangler 

I didn't drain the radiator when I replaced my exh header a while back...

Take lots of photos so you can get all the hoses pack in the right spots. A good steady pull on the fuel rail and the the entire assembly will pop out but make sure you have all the bolts out (some are a little hard to see) I'd pickup a set of new oil rings when you instal the injectors.

A good set of gear wrenches worked great to get access to the exh manifold bolts... I found it was easier to get to several of them from under the jeep as opposed to from the top.

[url]http://southsidejeepers.freeforums.org/[/url]

[url]http://www.militaryjeepers.com/[/url]
simpkijd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1995 yj , exhaust , exhaust manifold , replacement

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.