Yj electrical help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Yj electrical help

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 09-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
brickonaskate

Yj electrical help

Nutter bypassed motor craft 2150 87 4.2 25,000 miles on a rebuild. Runs great.
Today I got to church and shut her off with the key and the engine stayed running. Not like it was dieseling but I could have kept driving. Stalled it and restarted it just to check if it worked and it still started fine so I went into church. I came out and everything seemed fine. Key turned the starter over fine but it had no spark and would not run. Started by replacing the ignition switch
Then the icm
Then the coil.
Both wires at the coil have power. when you unhook the top price only the positive does. The coil tests right for resistance but as far as I can tell that's as far as the power gets it never leaves the coil going into the wire to the distributer when you try to start it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking power going to the ignition wih the key off could have burned up a relay or in line fuse somewhere

Please help me.

brickonaskate is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.